• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Pour calmer le jeu après le film Innocence of muslims, Charlie annonce avant tout le monde la sortie d'Intouchables 2! Également dans le journal, les paradis fiscaux de Bernard Arnault, les religieux qui s'engagent pour le mariage homo, et la presse lèche-cul qui remplace la presse d'opinion. Dès demain en kiosques!See translation

Oh dear, here we go again! Charlie Hebdo the satirical, anarchist magazine has published cartoon images of Mahomet, this will no doubt launch a great polemic in France. On the one side will be those who support the complete freedom of the press and the right to freedom of expression, on the other side there will those that see this as a provocation, a lack of religious respect and a mischievous wish to throw fat on the fire.
IIRC last year they brought out a series of issues under the title 'Charia ' (sharia) Hebdo and for one of these they named Mahomet as sub-editor. This got their offices fire bombed and CRS troops are already positioned outside today. I fear this time, their right to publish, is going to cost us greatly in police hours and deployment. Whilst I would strongly defend their freedom of expression, I would question their wisdom to publish. In footballing parlance, as a Southend supporter, I have the right to dress in my team's colours and walk through the centre of Colchester, or alternatively as a Paris Saint Germain supporter, to walk through certain areas of Marseilles. Whether it would be WISE to do it is another mattter.

Cant help but think anyone who puts there name to this is a dead man walking really.

I heared a muslim cleric last night when I was driving to play football and he basically said it is offensive but the way to deal with it is to ignore it. Sums up my feelings exactly.

You cant live in a western country and yet demmand the censorship that you have in your own country. You can within reason say what you want here and I think that is the way is should be. The problem I think is that a small minoirty of the Muslim population will take to arms and wreak mayhem - probably the same people that burn poppys and spit at our troops.

Cant help but think anyone who puts there name to this is a dead man walking really.

I heared a muslim cleric last night when I was driving to play football and he basically said it is offensive but the way to deal with it is to ignore it. Sums up my feelings exactly.

You cant live in a western country and yet demmand the censorship that you have in your own country. You can within reason say what you want here and I think that is the way is should be. The problem I think is that a small minoirty of the Muslim population will take to arms and wreak mayhem - probably the same people that burn poppys and spit at our troops.
I would agree with the muslim cleric that you heard. In a sense you know roughly what you are going to get if you buy Charlie Hebdo and as the editor stated, no one obliges you to buy it. It sold out completely yesterday and ironically many of the purchasers around Paris were muslims intent on tearing it up. CH is provocative by nature and no one, politician, celebrity or cleric, is immune from its attentions.

What gets me, does anyone actually know what Mohammed supposedly looked like? Is there a detailed description in the Koran? Or is it just a generic swarthy bloke with a beard in a turban?

Answers on a postcard to:

Salman Rushdie.
Somewhere in hiding,
Planet Earth.

PS: The last three letters of Rushdie. Ironic innit?

as a Southend supporter, I have the right to dress in my team's colours and walk through the centre of Colchester, or alternatively as a Paris Saint Germain supporter, to walk through certain areas of Marseilles. Whether it would be WISE to do it is another mattter.

I can remember being in the Marseilles metro at the time of the French World Cup in 98, just before England's game there against Tunisia.I was proudly wearing a Montpellier World Cup t-shirt(I saw all 6 games held there)at the time.
The response I got from a large black guy as he passed by me: "Je m'en fou de Montpellier"(I don't give a **** about Montpellier)would suggest you can add a few other places to the ones they don't like there and not just(understandably) PSG.:stunned:

I can remember being in the Marseilles metro at the time of the French World Cup in 98, just before England's game there against Tunisia.I was proudly wearing a Montpellier World Cup t-shirt(I saw all 6 games held there)at the time.
The response I got from a large black guy as he passed by me: "Je m'en fou de Montpellier"(I don't give a **** about Montpellier)would suggest you can add a few other places to the ones they don't like there and not just(understandably) PSG.:stunned:

Why are PSG so disliked.

Paris(capital city, big club).It's the old North v South divide thingy.Parisians are hated in Marseilles.Even my wife, who has a strong Midi accent, often gets the line, "Ah,éh bien.Vous etês pas de ici." whenever we're there, visiting her uncle/aunt or cousins.(Not from them I hasten to add).
Additionally, the fact that they are spending money like confetti ( I'll refrain from using Moe's phrase about Homer "spending money like a teenage arab!"), hasn't exactly endeared them to others. In 2011 a Qatar Investment company, Colony Capital, moved in to take over the club, with Nasser Al-Khelifi becoming president. PSG, the Man City of France?

Additionally, the fact that they are spending money like confetti ( I'll refrain from using Moe's phrase about Homer "spending money like a teenage arab!"), hasn't exactly endeared them to others. In 2011 a Qatar Investment company, Colony Capital, moved in to take over the club, with Nasser Al-Khelifi becoming president. PSG, the Man City of France?

The fact that the company which runs PSG also owns(a large part of) C+ doesn't exactly endear them to French footy fans outside the capital either.

:omg: I didn't know that!.............does that mean I need to review our subscription? :winking:

Don't think so.:smile:
Although I stopped my sub.to Canal+ in Spain ages ago(mainly because it was Barça one week and Madrid the next,no-one else seemed to get a look in)I've always said that if we ever lived in France full time again I'd have to take out a Canal +subscription).Incidentally,I'll be watching Lille v Lyon tomorrow night as we're currently staying in Poitiers,visiting our younger daughter who's studing here.

Oops.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/20/nasser-al-khelaifi-paris-saint-germain?INTCMP=SRCH

"Khelaifi is also the general manager of al-Jazeera Sport, the Qatar-owned TV station and, after the PSG takeover, the media outlet bought up a tranche of Ligue 1 broadcast rights, to emerge as competition to the previously dominant Canal Plus. Al-Jazeera has launched the subscriber channels beIN Sport 1&2 in France to screen its matches and Khelaifi is an emerging media rights player. He refused to comment on whether he would bid for the overseas rights to the Premier League when they became available."

Think my remarks above referred to the previous owners.

Oops.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/20/nasser-al-khelaifi-paris-saint-germain?INTCMP=SRCH

"Khelaifi is also the general manager of al-Jazeera Sport, the Qatar-owned TV station and, after the PSG takeover, the media outlet bought up a tranche of Ligue 1 broadcast rights, to emerge as competition to the previously dominant Canal Plus. Al-Jazeera has launched the subscriber channels beIN Sport 1&2 in France to screen its matches and Khelaifi is an emerging media rights player. He refused to comment on whether he would bid for the overseas rights to the Premier League when they became available."

Think my remarks above referred to the previous owners.

bein SPORTS ARE not popular with league 2 fans as all the friday night games now kick off at 6.45,very poor show.

Back