• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlie Kelman completes move to Queens Park Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see any quotes from Molesley about this. In fact, his stance and comments have been fairly consistent.

So you are right. It is bull**** and also didn't happen.

SOUTHEND United boss Mark Molesley felt Charlie Kelman was not fit enough to feature against Exeter City.

The Shrimpers striker has now missed the last three games amid interest from Queens Park Rangers who have had two bids for the 18-year-old rejected.

But Molesley has not had any updates on Kelman's future.
"I haven’t heard anything more and he’s still a Southend player," said the Blues boss.
"He’s not had as much training as the others lately so we thought physically he wasn’t quite right today."

When asked when Kelman had not had as much training, Molesley added: "He missed a couple of days with a bit of a sore knee.
"He’s done a little bit of light work since then but he’s probably not quite fit enough to be in the squad at the moment."

You might want to try keeping up with the news before calling people out for bull****

I am not sure the club has been telling lies about things, maybe some half truths and swerves to assist either any negotiations or to avoid being quoted as saying something which would "come back and bite".
With all these type things, and any journalistic stuff the way I read them is to consider the question and then the pros and cons of possible answers that have been and might have been offered.
It is because of the "faux outrage" that often managers, clubs will now stick to a "nothing to say" or "no comment".
For me, I prefer an answer and then I will weigh it up.
CK was always going to go once his agent told him he would get 5 times his wage etc.

Last edited:
SOUTHEND United boss Mark Molesley felt Charlie Kelman was not fit enough to feature against Exeter City.

The Shrimpers striker has now missed the last three games amid interest from Queens Park Rangers who have had two bids for the 18-year-old rejected.

But Molesley has not had any updates on Kelman's future.
"I haven’t heard anything more and he’s still a Southend player," said the Blues boss.
"He’s not had as much training as the others lately so we thought physically he wasn’t quite right today."

When asked when Kelman had not had as much training, Molesley added: "He missed a couple of days with a bit of a sore knee.
"He’s done a little bit of light work since then but he’s probably not quite fit enough to be in the squad at the moment."

You might want to try keeping up with the news before calling people out for bull****

So did he take a knock to the knee?

No.

As far as communication from the club. I care more about knowing how the club will pay the £490k bill that is due and will affect the long term future of the club than the delicate transfer negotiations of a player who will be gone soon. There are some things we don't need to know everything about.

I million is an absolute minimum ..

18 year old striker with real time EFL scoring record and the ability to hit one from the half way line - hit one with confidence from the edge of the box -

a natural instinct for the game ..

you can't coach it ... its rare and precious.

Reactions: fbm
I am not sure the club has been telling lies about things, maybe some half truths and swerves to assist either any negotiations or to avoid being quoted as saying something which would "come back and bite".
With all these type things, and any journalistic stuff the way I read them is to consider the question and then the pros and cons of possible answers that have been and might have been offered.
It is because of the "faux outrage" that often managers, clubs will now stick to a "nothing to say" or "no comment".
CK was always going to go once his agent told him he would get 5 times his wage etc.

as a lot of this thread is conjecture and supposition I thought I'd give my pennyworth. MM is an experienced youth coach and U23 manager. He discusses his plans as manager with Ron. Ron says there's no money. MM says there is you have 2 players who in my opinion are worth money. I think both are not ready for a League 2 relegation scrap. Both have a chance of making it but it's not this season and not with us. But i know players who are and I can get. Ron says who are these players. MM says Hutchinson and Charlie Kelman. Ron says OK we'll sell and I can use some of the money to stave of the tax man and you can have small budget for players.
I like the cut of MM's jib. I believe he wants both the best for the players and the club. He might even know people at Derby and QPR. After all professional football is a very tight community, ex players know most people either as ex team mates, opposition players or management team members. Didn't MM say that he was happy to have got Alan McCormack as he had played against him and he was a "fierce competitor".
Now this may be true it may be bollocks but as a fan I don't want to be given a running commentary in the interests of "being honest" with the fans. Life is complex and not black and white.

If a club is involved in these kind of negotiations why would anyone expect the club to give out any details?
Did anyone who asked why CK was not included in our line up really expect an honest answer?
Had he really been 'rested' against Morecambe he would have been in the squad against Portsmouth. Once he was left out of that game there was only one explanation.
In any kind of negotiation no one is going to prejudice their position by unnecessarily disclosing sensitive information.
In that kind of situation people try to avoid lying but cannot always tell the truth.
If it is true and we have snared a million plus as well as add ons well done to Ron for a job well done. Lies and all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back