• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlie Kelman completes move to Queens Park Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we’ll see Charlie back someday. In a better team, if things had gone different, he could’ve been a star.

Doubt Les will ever loan CK back. I remember him sitting in the East, looking round in disgust at the general abuse. Especially the stuff aimed at CP.....He left after an hour.

If only you’d stayed quiet.

Good luck to a young man who I believe is destined to play in the Premiership.
You might be right—hope so !
But remember quite a few on here said the same about Bentley—he wasn’t good enough for Brentford,and was dropped by Bristol City last season too,till their other keeper got injured and Jack Payne,released by Hudders and now at his fourth League One club.

The you tube montage of Kelman is impressive ,there is literally nothing not to like about it , goals , pace , determination , great first touch , gets the ball out of his feet well , runs the channels , awareness in his hold up play and confidence in what he’s doing .

Honestly He could of been a real player for us in different circumstances, gutted but wish him well

Pretty sure old Les has been in much more intimidating and hostile places than the East Stand at Roots Hall.

Haven't we all. The difference is the hostility was towards our own players and manger...Just the sort of place you wouldn't send any of your genuinely promising talent on loan

Haven't we all. The difference is the hostility was towards our own players and manger...Just the sort of place you wouldn't send any of your genuinely promising talent on loan

We had some superb loan players under Tilly.

Tbh if he had a brain and years of experience he knows that at any club around the country there is going to be abuse when the players are playing badly. I’d wager the East stand at RH is probably one of the more pleasant places to be when the situation is like that. Nothing out the ordinary was happening then

Tbh if he had a brain and years of experience he knows that at any club around the country there is going to be abuse when the players are playing badly. I’d wager the East stand at RH is probably one of the more pleasant places to be when the situation is like that. Nothing out the ordinary was happening then
Exactly. As much as I hate experiencing it myself when I attend the odd live game, our fans are not unique. Neither are they in the minority. I'd bet a vast majority of grounds have sections of the crowd that are hostile, abusive or at least moaners and over critical. As you pointed out, after the last couple of seasons our crowd overall may have proved to be one of the most patient on balance.

Its not lol i just didnt rate him anymore after showing early promise,hes only 18 but looks like hes gone backwards already! He can take hes laziness to Qpr now and we can now bring in players who want to be here,perform,and get us up the league with a good new manager.
- He's an 18 year old kid, thrown in at the deep end last season when he should have been in the 23's, and people like you have already written him off and heaped the abuse on him. No wonder he's happy to go somewhere where they will nurture his talent, improve him as a player and appreciate him without people like you on his back.

- He's an 18 year old kid, thrown in at the deep end last season when he should have been in the 23's, and people like you have already written him off and heaped the abuse on him. No wonder he's happy to go somewhere where they will nurture his talent, improve him as a player and appreciate him without people like you on his back.

I don't think that many wrote him off; maybe one or two or here, but I think the majority of us know he has talent, and respect the fact that he is only 18.

I personally felt his last 2 games were not great, but I don't recall a bad performance from him last season.

Anyway, I wish him all the best, and if we have got a sell on, I look froward to the day he is sold by QPR for 20M+!!

Exactly. As much as I hate experiencing it myself when I attend the odd live game, our fans are not unique. Neither are they in the minority. I'd bet a vast majority of grounds have sections of the crowd that are hostile, abusive or at least moaners and over critical. As you pointed out, after the last couple of seasons our crowd overall may have proved to be one of the most patient on balance.

I'm not so sure to be honest. I attend quite a lot of away games and usually choose to be among the home fans. Although there are always one or two individuals who shout at their players it's rare to hear the amount and severity of the abuse that I've heard at the Hall in recent years. I have found many grounds to be quite pleasant environments with much of the comment humorous or even affectionate. I would single out Exeter, Crewe, Fleetwood, Portsmouth and Walsall as particularly pleasant atmospheres. A bloke at Pompey even returned my wallet when I dropped it and was unaware that I had. (Mind you I bet Fratton Park is a different sort of atmosphere when they are playing Southampton but the abuse would be aimed at the Saints players not their own).

I'm not so sure to be honest. I attend quite a lot of away games and usually choose to be among the home fans. Although there are always one or two individuals who shout at their players it's rare to hear the amount and severity of the abuse that I've heard at the Hall in recent years. I have found many grounds to be quite pleasant environments with much of the comment humorous or even affectionate. I would single out Exeter, Crewe, Fleetwood, Portsmouth and Walsall as particularly pleasant atmospheres. A bloke at Pompey even returned my wallet when I dropped it and was unaware that I had. (Mind you I bet Fratton Park is a different sort of atmosphere when they are playing Southampton but the abuse would be aimed at the Saints players not their own).
It’s interesting but whenever there are threads which involves abuse of players it is almost always about the East Stand.
Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back