• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlie Kelman

You never rated him Steve? Really? That goal wasn’t a fluke, it was a great effort. I know he didn’t leave us on the best of terms but there’s no doubting his ability.
I'm not quite sure what your issue is. No one is perfect and I think it's very mature of him to accept and articulate his deficiencies, especially on a public forum.

Scored his 5th goal of the season yesterday for high flying Orient who are almost nailed on to go up to League 1 as champions, already.

Three more wins from 12 games and we’re up; five more for the title. Not bothered about signing Kelman on a permanent, though. He’s a useful player but I don’t think he’ll ever be prolific as a lone striker (which is what we play with).

Unbelievably thick challenge. Amazing that we’re still top considering how poor our forwards have been since Xmas.
He always had that in him, I thought it was just because he was really young. Obviously hasn’t grown out of it. How has he got on otherwise?

He always had that in him, I thought it was just because he was really young. Obviously hasn’t grown out of it. How has he got on otherwise?

Quite good at football; not particularly physical but fast and tidy with the ball at his feet. Fits in okay with our system and works hard but not really suited to the lone forward role. Useless at scoring goals. Not a clinical finisher and doesn’t gamble enough in the box. He’ll have a career in the league, but he’s never going to cut it at QPR in the Championship. Can see him being moderately effective alongside a target man at somewhere crap like Sutton. You did very well to get the fee you did, thanks mostly to that goal from the halfway line.

Quite good at football; not particularly physical but fast and tidy with the ball at his feet. Fits in okay with our system and works hard but not really suited to the lone forward role. Useless at scoring goals. Not a clinical finisher and doesn’t gamble enough in the box. He’ll have a career in the league, but he’s never going to cut it at QPR in the Championship. Can see him being moderately effective alongside a target man at somewhere crap like Sutton. You did very well to get the fee you did, thanks mostly to that goal from the halfway line.

Maybe he needs to try those shots from halfway regularly. That would scare opponents' keepers to stay rooted to their goal line throughout the game.

Sad to hear that has been coached out of him. He scored more for us in L1 as a 17/18 year old in a bad side than he has for you.

Maybe he needs to try those shots from halfway regularly. That would scare opponents' keepers to stay rooted to their goal line throughout the game.
I've always said the Steve should take a punt once in a while. Sometimes opposition goalkeepers are way out of their area. He has a long enough kick to beat them.

Now he is just young instead of really young - he’s only 21! Seems a lifetime ago that he played for us though …..

Sad to hear that has been coached out of him. He scored more for us in L1 as a 17/18 year old in a bad side than he has for you.

It‘s what coaches do, especially those who had little flair themselves. I wonder what a coach would have done for George Best, Frank Worthington Stan Bowles etc, let alone Stanley Matthews and the brilliant Brazilians of the 60s and 70s. Press high!

Imagine my delight that we’re on the verge of signing him permanently.

Back