• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlie Kelman

I find it hard to believe he hasn’t gone out on loan somewhere to get games, only gets a few minutes off the bench here and there, be interesting to know if his interested in going out on loan also.

Good to see Charlie Kelman kick his first ball for QPR yesterday. He scored both goals in a 4-2 loss for their U23s v Hull City....the first one coming within 60 seconds of kick off!! Photos suggest he is in good shape physically.

On the same day Isaac Hutchinson scored twice in a 5-1 win for a mixed Derby XI v Huddersfield B team (they don’t run a 23s just a B team like Brentford)
Yes under 23s!! Who cares? Hes proven he cant do it where it matters and the same goes for Hutchinson.

I find it hard to believe he hasn’t gone out on loan somewhere to get games, only gets a few minutes off the bench here and there, be interesting to know if his interested in going out on loan also.

Can understand your view point but have to admit I'm quite impressed he's getting sub appearances for them. Good luck to the lad.

I have it on good authority that "he can't do it where it matters". Could this be the reason that clubs haven't wanted him on loan?

Wanted to improve his career is a better reason and he was 100% correct.

Ron was touting him to a PL club as he needed the money. So if your own Chairman wants you gone and your own fans have turned on you.....It really is the easiest decision in your career.

What fans turned on him?

Most fans thought it was brilliant to see a youth teamer do so well.

Makes sense to give him a ‘garbage time’ start given their season is all but over. Seems like he’s on the fringes of the first team now which is very impressive

I must admit it hurts when we lack strikers to look at this championship match and see both sides boasting young forwards who were once in our academy and Chris Powell gave a chance to.

You could see the talent with both and it stings that they are displaying it two, soon to be three levels above us and we only got peanuts for them.

Add in L1 Sturrock loanees who have scored 27 and midfielder with 11, a Phil Brown rejected trialist with 13 goals and loan and then permanent and then released player with 15 goals, and two more Chris Powell signings who were sold who've scored 10 and 9 goals in L1 and it all could and should have been so different?

I must admit it hurts when we lack strikers to look at this championship match and see both sides boasting young forwards who were once in our academy and Chris Powell gave a chance to.

You could see the talent with both and it stings that they are displaying it two, soon to be three levels above us and we only got peanuts for them.

Add in L1 Sturrock loanees who have scored 27 and midfielder with 11, a Phil Brown rejected trialist with 13 goals and loan and then permanent and then released player with 15 goals, and two more Chris Powell signings who were sold who've scored 10 and 9 goals in L1 and it all could and should have been so different?

I'm assuming you referring to Kelman and Ladapo. FL was only with us for a short while as a kid before signing for Col U. Then he went non league and then to Palace before CP signed him on loan.

I certainly wouldn't call him an academy player given a chance by CP. Besides he was not good enough according to all us (me included) fans. After all CP had just finished his honeymoon half season in 4th in the league form.....With the right man in charge of PB's, should have walked promotion, signings we were going for Promotion 2018/19. The last thing we had time for was a 6ft 2" young target man learning his trade.....You either produce immediately or your out.

Even Kelman ended up getting stick for his "fluke, lucky, keeper was at fault" debut own half goal......We are Southend United and we were determined to be out of the lower leagues.

I've seen you mention Fulham a couple times lately, Mr Tangled. Are you a closet fan, grow up there or something?

When I was growing up (in the early 60's) in SOS you had to say which big club you supported (not just SUFC) to have playground cred.Since I was a fullback and George Cohen was in the England team at the time, Fulham seemed a logical choice.Johnny Haynes was a big name at the time too.Had many happy (and some not so happy times supporting them too -that 1975 FACup Final comes to mind).Always enjoyed my trips to the Cottage and away but SUFC have always come first.

I'm assuming you referring to Kelman and Ladapo. FL was only with us for a short while as a kid before signing for Col U. Then he went non league and then to Palace before CP signed him on loan.

I certainly wouldn't call him an academy player given a chance by CP. Besides he was not good enough according to all us (me included) fans. After all CP had just finished his honeymoon half season in 4th in the league form.....With the right man in charge of PB's, should have walked promotion, signings we were going for Promotion 2018/19. The last thing we had time for was a 6ft 2" young target man learning his trade.....You either produce immediately or your out.

Even Kelman ended up getting stick for his "fluke, lucky, keeper was at fault" debut own half goal......We are Southend United and we were determined to be out of the lower leagues.

Except if you want to be pedantic I didn't call Ladapo an academy player given a chance by Powell, I called him a player who was once in our academy and was given a chance by Powell. It seemed, for want of a better word, striking that in a random championship game both players had been with SUFC as kids, both had been handed debuts by Powell. Their paths were obviously different but ignoring loanees (and Ladapo wasn't a loanee but signed permanently on a contract until the end of the season) there are few ex-SUFC players plying their trade in the Championship and here were two young forwards who had two things in common playing in the same match.

I might have been in a minority but I raved about his performance as a targetman against Portsmouth(?) and said there was a good chance he'd have a 20 goal season in a year or two.
I also wasn't going for promotion in 2018/19. Powell inherited a poor squad in need of a thorough overhaul. I was going for midtable and a cup run to boost the coffers that were in such poor shape.

Except if you want to be pedantic I didn't call Ladapo an academy player given a chance by Powell, I called him a player who was once in our academy and was given a chance by Powell. It seemed, for want of a better word, striking that in a random championship game both players had been with SUFC as kids, both had been handed debuts by Powell. Their paths were obviously different but ignoring loanees (and Ladapo wasn't a loanee but signed permanently on a contract until the end of the season) there are few ex-SUFC players plying their trade in the Championship and here were two young forwards who had two things in common playing in the same match.

I might have been in a minority but I raved about his performance as a targetman against Portsmouth(?) and said there was a good chance he'd have a 20 goal season in a year or two.
I also wasn't going for promotion in 2018/19. Powell inherited a poor squad in need of a thorough overhaul. I was going for midtable and a cup run to boost the coffers that were in such poor shape.
There was a game against Bury(?) away that I went to and thought Ladapo showed a lot of dynamism and promise up front. Think you could tell he was someone with talent and ability but just needed things to click.

There was a game against Bury(?) away that I went to and thought Ladapo showed a lot of dynamism and promise up front. Think you could tell he was someone with talent and ability but just needed things to click.

Yeah, but yaw rong. If he's cant score than he cant be any good.

Back