• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlie Mac

MK Shrimper

Striker
Has just scored Brentford's 2nd vs Havant & Waterlooville (who aren't going to Anfield this year).

I really can't understand why he wasn't given more of a go with us? How can a striker prove himself with the odd 10 mins here and there? He scores sloppy goals and that is what we lacked last season, he should of been given more of a chance. Oh well, good luck to him and glad that he is doing well.

He was never given a chance because he was mainly expected to play with Harrold, who had nothing about him to forge a partnership with. I liked Charlie, and am pleased to see him doing well with Brentford.

Sorry but he was never good enough for our league, the reason he is doing we is beacause of the drop in divisions.

Yep he was on par with harrold imo

I am sure you will be retracting that statement at the end of the season and see how many goals they have both got for their League 2 clubs. I think you will be slightly suprised.

Charlie Mac was 1 million times better than Harrold.

Last edited:
I watched the game today and was very pleased to see Charlie score for Brentford. Watched him a couple of times with Gravesend previously and he was prolific in non league. Anybody who scores 25 plus a season even at that level has to have something going for them.

Probably Charlie was one league too high when with us but he had injuries and never really had a run to speak of. Delighted to see him doing so well at Brentford and good luck to him for the rest of the season.

Charlie Mac looked a yard off the pace at League One level - defenders had him in their pocket. We signed a much better poacher in Lee Barnard anyway and before that Leon Clarke was banging in the goals so I don't see how or why MacDonald would have improved us up front.

As for comparisons with Harrold, that's irrelevant because they are different types of strikers, though for what it's worth I personally believe Harrold was the better player as he did his job as a targetman pretty well whereas MacDonald, more of a poacher, looked out of his depth in his role as a goalscorer.

I am sure you will be retracting that statement at the end of the season and see how many goals they have both got for their League 1 clubs. I think you will be slightly suprised.

Cant agree with that

I am sure you will be retracting that statement at the end of the season and see how many goals they have both got for their League 1 clubs. I think you will be slightly suprised.

I think you'll be very surprised when you see they have both scored 0 goals.

I think you'll be very surprised when you see they have both scored 0 goals.

Well spotted sir and I hold my hands up to that mistake and have now changed it. You have earnt yourself some Greenage.

I just saw the David Norris's 'hundcuffs' goal celebration that has sparked all the furore on the news. If it was what it is being made out to be, then I do not condone it. However, did anyone else spot that after scoring his gaol for Brentford, Charlie Mac did exactly the same celebration? I can't find any connection between Charlie and Luke McCormick clubs wise, and I must admit when we saw it live on ITV, me and Mrs Barry Labs both thought "why is he doing the X-Factor?".

Has anyone (except the man himself) got an explanation of the celebration?

I just saw the David Norris's 'hundcuffs' goal celebration that has sparked all the furore on the news. If it was what it is being made out to be, then I do not condone it. However, did anyone else spot that after scoring his gaol for Brentford, Charlie Mac did exactly the same celebration? I can't find any connection between Charlie and Luke McCormick clubs wise, and I must admit when we saw it live on ITV, me and Mrs Barry Labs both thought "why is he doing the X-Factor?".

I thought exactly the same myself - Charlie Mac and David Norris have no connection that I know of, my immediate reaction to both was that they were doing the X factor thing.

I thought exactly the same myself - Charlie Mac and David Norris have no connection that I know of, my immediate reaction to both was that they were doing the X factor thing.

hahaha please tell me you're joking!!? maybe they were disappointed that Laura went!

However, what David Norris did was insensitive and the club have every right to fine him, he came out and said it was for Luke McCormick and it was Norris's wedding that McCormick was driving home from steaming. I don't know who Charlie Mac was showing 'support' for with some sh*tty goal celebration but seeing it isn't for some high profile and very serious and dispicable crime then I don't really have an issue with it

Last edited:
Sorry must have misinterpreted the BBC website article where Norris says "However, Norris has denied the gesture represented handcuffs or that it was a message of support to McCormick" and "In a statement on the Ipswich Town website, Norris said: "I would like to stress that I made no handcuff gesture or personal message to Luke McCormick"

I have :p, he was on talksport and he said the reason for that celebration was because his son likes X Factor and he did it for his son. Well thats what he said on talk sport anyway.

Back