• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Charlie MacDonald in 442 'Top 50 League Players'

At Number 48 to be precise. I wouldn't agree with it, but I could understand Hooper being in the Top 50 after what he's done this year (he isn't in, but is named as Scunthorpe's best player), but MacDonald's inclusion is absurd.

No Shrimpers in the 50, Peter Clarke gets the nod as our best player, probably based on scoring against Chelsea, as there seems to be very little logic in this list. Bailey is named as Charlton's best (but not in the top 50), JCR is the main man for Barnsley (but not in the top 50), whilst Kightly is Number 3 on the overall list, behind Doyle in second and Ebanks-Blake at Number 1. Fat Boy Ricketts is Walsall's representative, but incredibly doesn't make the elite 50.

It's a bizarre list, but nothing's as mystifying as Charlie Mac.

Saw someone had posted that list on 606 and couldn't for the life of me work out how Charlie Mac was in the top 50 but Hooper wasn't.

Personally I don't think Hooper would be in the top 50 anyway, Jermaine Beckford, Matty Fryatt and Fabian Delph are probably the only players below the CCC I would consider to be in the top 50, the gulf in actual quality of players between the CCC and League 1/2 is massive

Do they pick names out of a hat?

I seem to recall people were able to vote, someone posted up a link a couple of months ago.

Probably someone at Brenford managed to mobilise the vote for Charlie.

Re Hooper not being in good enough and the level of football played in the CCC is so much higher than league 1 and 2. That maybe so, but to score 29 goals with 6 games of the season to go shows he ain't bad.

At Number 48 to be precise. I wouldn't agree with it, but I could understand Hooper being in the Top 50 after what he's done this year (he isn't in, but is named as Scunthorpe's best player), but MacDonald's inclusion is absurd.

No Shrimpers in the 50, Peter Clarke gets the nod as our best player, probably based on scoring against Chelsea, as there seems to be very little logic in this list. Bailey is named as Charlton's best (but not in the top 50), JCR is the main man for Barnsley (but not in the top 50), whilst Kightly is Number 3 on the overall list, behind Doyle in second and Ebanks-Blake at Number 1. Fat Boy Ricketts is Walsall's representative, but incredibly doesn't make the elite 50.

It's a bizarre list, but nothing's as mystifying as Charlie Mac.

These lists, PFA teams of the year and all these other awards are fairly meaningless. Maybe the ones voted for in the premier$hite have a bit of meaning because there's a chance that the voters actually watch a couple of games each weekend rather than see each side once (maybe twice if they are lucky). They are basically guess work though.

I think I saw it flash up on screen last night that he has broken his collarbone?

Anyone else spot that?

I seem to recall people were able to vote, someone posted up a link a couple of months ago.

Probably someone at Brenford managed to mobilise the vote for Charlie.

Re Hooper not being in good enough and the level of football played in the CCC is so much higher than league 1 and 2. That maybe so, but to score 29 goals with 6 games of the season to go shows he ain't bad.

definitely not saying he's that bad, it's a great return for a young striker. However that is no guarantee that he is CCC class, or the other way to look at it is that there are plenty of CCC strikers that could come down to L1/L2 and score just as many goals

Personally I don't think Hooper would be in the top 50 anyway, Jermaine Beckford, Matty Fryatt and Fabian Delph are probably the only players below the CCC I would consider to be in the top 50, the gulf in actual quality of players between the CCC and League 1/2 is massive

Simon Cox at Swindon is a very talented lad, he will be off to the Championship come Summer time, mark my words.

Back