• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Charlton Athletic 1-1 Southend United

Great point away, shame we have lost another 2 players from the team.

Well done the 10 men.

MOTM Bishop.

OMG WE DREW A GAME OMG OMG OMG WE DREW I ACTUALLY THOUGHT WE WOULDNT DRAW FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.

Might sound stupid but this is going to be really good for the mentality of the team. We can actually draw. Big moment I predict.

I said at half-time that I'd take a point. Superb fighting performance from Blues in the second-half, was shaking like a jelly at the final whistle. It was virtually given that Reeves would score against us but in truth it was a good goal..........brilliant cross which he glanced off his head into the corner of the net..........off the post I think. The defense really stood firm, battled for and blocked everything thrown at them (and they had to withstand a lot of pressure) with Bishop making his, now seemingly obligatory, couple of great saves. We even had a couple of half chances to snatch the three points in the last ten minutes but at the end it really does almost feel like a victory. Our bruised a battered side only have a few days to recover before that very long trip up to Doncaster (not a place I fear we do well). A point from there would probably be a good result.

That is the biggest result of the season!! Only listened in on the radio, atmosphere sounded fantastic, blues fans coming over loud and clear, well done girls and boys :Clap: get home safe. If we can put in half as much effort at home, I will be one happy girl!

Was all looking good up until Dru's red card, Humpreys goal got us off to a great start, then it sounded like a uncontrolled challenge from a Dru, made worse because he had already been spoken to, so not a total surprise. Just made a very tough ask 10x harder! Hopefully, a rest and some reflection time will help Dru get the form he has last season back. Can't complain too much, he is young, and will make some silly decisions and mess up now and then.

One way traffic in the second, obviously they pulled one back, so a whole half clenching the bum cheeks...! Bishop yet again came out with a huge amount of credit, everyone ran their socks off and we held our nerve and almost pulled off the win. Don't want to listen to too many of those, not sure my blood pressure could take it!!

Massive result against a very good Charlton side. Well done lads! Same again on a Tuesday (without 65 minutes of 10 men though) please!

Great point. Haven’t seen the red so won’t comment too much but let’s not blame a ref and let’s actually praise the other 10 chaps for showing some determination in the face of adversity. Something that’s been missing for a while

It seems that when there is roaring support and a cause to fight, the side step up. Is it the support that energises the players?
If so, it's a pity Roots Hall sounds like the Highbury library of old far too often. On occasion, I've had fellow fans look at me strangely in the South when joining in chants from the West.
We need today's support at home.

Ref was so inconsistent it’s a joke, books ours for the same thing they do, Dru’s looked a little high so maybe the correct decision, he was very quick to pull the card too

That is the biggest result of the season!! Only listened in on the radio, atmosphere sounded fantastic, blues fans coming over loud and clear, well done girls and boys :Clap: get home safe. If we can put in half as much effort at home, I will be one happy girl!

Was all looking good up until Dru's red card, Humpreys goal got us off to a great start, then it sounded like a uncontrolled challenge from a Dru, made worse because he had already been spoken to, so not a total surprise. Just made a very tough ask 10x harder! Hopefully, a rest and some reflection time will help Dru get the form he has last season back. Can't complain too much, he is young, and will make some silly decisions and mess up now and then.

One way traffic in the second, obviously they pulled one back, so a whole half clenching the bum cheeks...! Bishop yet again came out with a huge amount of credit, everyone ran their socks off and we held our nerve and almost pulled off the win. Don't want to listen to too many of those, not sure my blood pressure could take it!!

Massive result against a very good Charlton side. Well done lads! Same again on a Tuesday (without 65 minutes of 10 men though) please!

Already bring spoken to doesn't mean his next foul is an automatic red!!!

Must have been excessive and dangerous to get a straight red, so it'll be interesting to see it.

On train home. That's a game where the red card actually helped us. Galvanised us and Charlton went almost too patient thinking it would come eventually. Every one of them ten deserves enormous credit. As someone else said why can't they do that at home.

Bishop was excellent but Cox trumped him for Mom. Immense display. Fans were fantastic and that's one of the best points we have ever got. Ref usual ****. I never even considered red card for that and he booked kightly for a wonderful challenge being as his fat jigglyboobed carcass was half a pitch behind play.

Losing Hart seems a blow... Dru on current form we can replace. Klass was real nuisance when he came on and could have scored twice.

Great day out.

On train home. That's a game where the red card actually helped us. Galvanised us and Charlton went almost too patient thinking it would come eventually. Every one of them ten deserves enormous credit. As someone else said why can't they do that at home.

Bishop was excellent but Cox trumped him for Mom. Immense display. Fans were fantastic and that's one of the best points we have ever got. Ref usual ****. I never even considered red card for that and he booked kightly for a wonderful challenge being as his fat jigglyboobed carcass was half a pitch behind play.

Losing Hart seems a blow... Dru on current form we can replace. Klass was real nuisance when he

And we have a winner for mot du jour!

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell felt his side’s 1-1 draw at Charlton Athletic felt like a victory for the Shrimpers.

More...

Excellent battling performance today, everyone put in a shift and we deserved the hard earned point. Thankfully Charlton were one of the few teams in this division who didn't field six or seven six foot plus players. This meant that they were not as dangerous from their many corners as many other opponents.
Well done to everyone including fans who made plenty of noise.

Even before today I would have said Klass must have been banging on the door soon. I’ve never seen much of him but Dru’s been having a stinker and now with the red card I think he’s well within his rights to have a word with the gaffer Monday and say he feels he deserves his chance

Always seems to go close to goal when he gets on

Back