• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
Looks like we have sold around 950 tickets for this game does anyone know if you can pay on the day as our allocation nearly sold out

We're in the Jimmy Seed Stand (the South stand) which has a capacity of 3000. I would be amazed if we took the whole allocation, so I would think it will not be a problem to get a ticket beforehand or on the day.

Just noticed we have asked for more tickets and we can pay on the day but it costs £3 more.

Hope we can have a good turn out as we need to get some points on the board but next 2 games are tough

And so to the team:

Oxley

Bwomono Ferdinand White Hendrie/Timlin (Depends on injuries)

Demetriou Yearwood Lenny Kightly

Cox Ranger

Bench: Smith Fortune McGlashan Ba Kyprianou Kiernan McLaughlin

Will that side happen? very unlikely.

Last edited:
And so to the team:

Oxley

Demetriou Yearwood Lenny McLaughlin

Cox Ranger

Bench: Smith Fortune McGlashan Ba Kyprianou Bridge Kiernan

Dropping Kightly from the entire squad? Each to there own I guess!

Dropping Kightly from the entire squad? Each to there own I guess!

Oops..........You know sometimes you look at something and it's not quite right and you're not sure why.......... ok, Kightly in for McLaughlin..

And so to the team:

Oxley

Demetriou Yearwood Lenny Kightly

Cox Ranger

Bench: Smith Fortune McGlashan Ba Kyprianou Kiernan McLaughlin

Fancy omitting Kites....tut tut lol

I think Timlin needs dropping. I would play Kyprianou at left back if Hendrie is injured. Would expect White and Ferdinand to be fit if they failed fitness tests last time out. Elvis surely deserves a run at right back as Demetriou has been poor for some months now.
Midfield Kightly on the right, Leonard, Yearwood, McLaughlin and Cox and Ba up top. Fortune has been poor.
Mcglashan still better off the bench.

Like to see Demetriou played a bit further forward, might bring something to the midfield.

I would like to see Ranger in the starting 11 but I can see Brown sticking with Cox and Fortune, especially as Ranger may still not be 100% fit. I would rather Kyprianou play at LB than Timlin and Hendrie really. I am not sure Timlin is good enough at this level based on this and last years performances. Fingers crossed we have a couple of CBs to play.

It's interesting that most people would put Ferdinand and White straight back in the team after we just earned our first clean sheet without either of them. We've looked unbelievably vulnerable with those two at the back, even against an awful Gills. I'm not saying I'm disagreeing with people's sentiments, because it would be a big ask putting our last back four out again. But if we revert back to White and Ferdinand, and concede a load of goals again, fans will understandably question the change in defence.

It's interesting that most people would put Ferdinand and White straight back in the team after we just earned our first clean sheet without either of them. We've looked unbelievably vulnerable with those two at the back, even against an awful Gills. I'm not saying I'm disagreeing with people's sentiments, because it would be a big ask putting our last back four out again. But if we revert back to White and Ferdinand, and concede a load of goals again, fans will understandably question the change in defence.

Whilst i agree with some of that it's certainly been more Ferdinand than White who looks very vulnerable at the moment. If Dale would of had a big target man against us on Saturday they would of dominated Leonard & Kyp.

Any report yet on who is expected to be available for Saturday? We will get thumped if we start with what we had last weekend.

We are due a win and they are due to slip up!! Have we sold the 980 ticket allocation? I'm going to my tickets tomorrow don't want to get down there and there isn't any?

Oxley,
Bwomono, White, Ferdinand, Hendrie,
Kightly, Leonard, Timlin, McLaughlin,
Cox, Ranger

Subs: Smith, Demetriou, Kyprianou, McGlashan, Fortune, Robinson, Ba

We are due a win and they are due to slip up!! Have we sold the 980 ticket allocation? I'm going to my tickets tomorrow don't want to get down there and there isn't any?

According to Chris's ticket thingy, we have sold 702 so far, so should be some left by tomorrow. As it's only Tuesday, I would imagine we would get a further allocation anyway.

Back