• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Charlton Athletic vs Southend Utd

What's your starting 11 for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There’s a decent boozer at the bottom end of Anchor & Hope Lane, suitably called - The Anchor & Hope.

If memory serves correct, they allow away fans. It’s about a 15 minute walk from the ground & has a beer “garden” that overlooks The Thames.

I always thought Barna was the king of the “ I must have the last word’ having read this thread I might have to adjust my opinion ???

I wouldn’t mind but the fella hasn’t picked a side, hasn’t voted for any players and made zero contribution to the discussion on the game or the team itself.

He’s clearly intelligent and articulate but chose to simply try and make disparaging remarks regarding someone else’s efforts to contribute in a positive manner. It boils my ****.

There’s a decent boozer at the bottom end of Anchor & Hope Lane, suitably called - The Anchor & Hope.

If memory serves correct, they allow away fans. It’s about a 15 minute walk from the ground & has a beer “garden” that overlooks The Thames.

Don't tell Grapevine GBJ......it'll end in tears and you'll both miss the match !

Lovely little pub this. Sat in sunshine until very late after our April 2017 visit (and defeat!). We effectively blew the play offs that day IIRC

Don't tell Grapevine GBJ......it'll end in tears and you'll both miss the match !

I wouldn’t go looking for trouble in any case. Over a football forum? Nah, you’re ok :Thumbs up:

Alas, I won’t be there on Saturday anyway. One of my friends is boxing at York Hall in a few weeks & has asked me to help him with his sparring.

Lovely little pub this. Sat in sunshine until very late after our April 2017 visit (and defeat!). We effectively blew the play offs that day IIRC

Aye. If I’m off to an event at The O2 during the summer, I always try and pop in here beforehand.

One of my favourite pubs in London tbh. In an ever growing concrete jungle, it’s a very serene place

Don't know what Scp will say to the team on Sat, but just want 100% effort from them even if we loose. Think it will be usual gash display and a 3-0 defeat tho' . would like many on here and be proved wrong.

I’m never one to question effort... BUT... after watching Newport beat Borough last night I just think if we put in half of what Newport did last night we’d get a result. Watching on TV does often give a glazed look at the game though. The ball looks lighter on telly and the ground doesn’t look so heavy...

I just thought wow that’s what a team mentality can do... and maybe some cameras too... so we could be blessed over the next few weeks with some positive results.

Come on boys!

I’m never one to question effort... BUT... after watching Newport beat Borough last night I just think if we put in half of what Newport did last night we’d get a result. Watching on TV does often give a glazed look at the game though. The ball looks lighter on telly and the ground doesn’t look so heavy...

I just thought wow that’s what a team mentality can do... and maybe some cameras too... so we could be blessed over the next few weeks with some positive results.

Come on boys!
Now that (Michael Flynn) is a manager I WOULD like here.....

Unfortunately, I work right near the Valley and any pubs near here are either in a right state or I wouldn't fancy a swift half in alone. Best bet for drinking would be in Greenwich I reckon then wander down, or if a few of you split a cab. Uber to Greenwich from opposite Valley is usually 7/8 quid.

Anyone know if they'll have POTD available? My parents live down the road, and considering coming over with my brother and daughter to laugh at Charlton

Unfortunately, I work right near the Valley and any pubs near here are either in a right state or I wouldn't fancy a swift half in alone. Best bet for drinking would be in Greenwich I reckon then wander down, or if a few of you split a cab. Uber to Greenwich from opposite Valley is usually 7/8 quid.

Anyone know if they'll have POTD available? My parents live down the road, and considering coming over with my brother and daughter to laugh at Charlton

Ground capacity is just over 27,000 and is likely to be about half full. The away end holds 3,000 and is likely to be just under half full. They'd be silly to turn people away !

Decent ground, easy to get to. Only negative is lack of local Pubs!. Apparently 'The Earl of Denmark' ( went there last 2 seasons ), is no longer an 'away fans' boozer?.

Decent boozer at the top end of the hill called The Bugle Horn. No trouble when we went there

Charlton without Joe Aribo as well, could be a good time to play them, they’re without:

Taylor
Grant
Aribo
Clarke
Ajose
Bauer
Pearce

Also Vetokele probably too unfit to start

Will only make a difference if our players actually put a shift in , which they haven’t done lately

Back