• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Charlton Athletic vs Southend Utd

What's your starting 11 for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I expect to see effort from every player when they cross that white lines. I wouldn’t mind seeing a bit of passion.. or failing that at least some movement on the sidelines from CP as well.

I expect to see effort from every player when they cross that white lines. I wouldn’t mind seeing a bit of passion.. or failing that at least some movement on the sidelines from CP as well.

Movement on the sideline doesn’t equate good managers though. Martin Allen?

Movement on the sideline doesn’t equate good managers though. Martin Allen?

Warnock rants and raves and is successful, Pochettino doesn't but he is also a good coach. At least if the quiet guy let's rip from time to time his players know he is really angry.

Bishop
Dieng Moore White
Elvis Mantom Dru Kightly McLaughlin
Cox Humphrys

I look forward to the 7/8 minute mark when Lee Bowyer works out that any kind of ball played into our left back area won’t be covered or defended by Kightly or Macca and White is dragged all over the place and exposed.....

I spoke to a highly rated coach once who said if he was having to rant and rave on the touchline on a Saturday he hadn’t done his job very well Monday to friday....

Arsenal Wenger once said of the difference between his current side (last season) and his invincible side was that his current side were a doddle to work with all week but made him have to graft every Saturday whereas his invincible side made him work hard all week but gave him Saturdays off.....

Warnock rants and raves and is successful, Pochettino doesn't but he is also a good coach. At least if the quiet guy let's rip from time to time his players know he is really angry.

For all we know, he could well do that behind closed doors.

Also FWIW, Powell doesn’t need to stand on the touchline ranting and raving like a lunatic, when he’s got large swathes of the ground doing it for him

Olde Kings Head on Borough High st is a decent boozer - still a real pub and decent prices for where it is. I go there a lot and definitely can recommend. With West Ham away at Palace mind, it could be a tad busy!
With that in mind, Millwall is just around the corner so probably a no no!!!

That's where i'm going pre-kick off.

SOUTHEND United fans have their say on what changes they would like to see against Charlton Athletic this weekend.

More...

I've just had a look at my tickets for today and I've got row and seat numbers on them. I'm sure that previously we've just sat more or less where we liked. Any one know if allocated seating is enforced?

Back