• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LennySUFC

Director⭐
Just seen we have sold 2000 tickets for this, time to bounce back!

3-0 win, Ranger Robinson and Wordsworth to score

Charlton in free fall towards League 2 - 1 win in 14. I hate it when the opposition are due a win and our away record against them is the pits.

Charlton in free fall towards League 2 - 1 win in 14. I hate it when the opposition are due a win and our away record against them is the pits.

Agreed. This stinks of the Gillingham debacle and Charlton gave us a tough game at Roots Hall.

I'd take a draw.

I'm confident we'll win, and that should see us go above Scunthorpe. Can't see Bradford losing to Bury. Fleetwood's recent form is similar to Oldham's so that one could go either way.

And some people are walking to the game from Roots Hall - I'm not sure why (as I can only ever understand about 1 word in 10 that the announcer says) but I presume it's for a good cause.

They'd better set off about 02:00 Saturday morning, then. I walked about 13 miles on Monday and it took me 5 hours. I'm aching now.

Always going to be a hard game and it will be interesting to see what sort of team is available as we really missed Coker and Ferdinand.

Missing Coker doubly hurt as I am sure that Timlin would have been in midfield for Lenny which would have strengthened us there and allowed Wordsworth more freedom to attack.

If Ferdinand and Coker are available then my Team would be:

Walton
Demetriou Thomson Ferdinand Coker
McLaughin Wordsworth Timlin Atkinson
Ranger Cox

if not then with the aim of creating a solid formation it would be:

Walton
Demetriou Thomson White Timlin
McLaughin Wordsworth Atkinson O'Neil
Ranger Cox

Robinson and McGlashan would be my 'impact' subs and let's hope we don't get any defensive injuries.

Reckon Charlton will be up for this one, firstly as they are perilously close to the drop zone and also they may consider this to be a London/South East derby...

The player I really hope is fit is Coker, as LB is somewhat problematic. Timlin is decent cover, but I think we missed Coker's forward runs last night, and I would prefer Tims in CM alongside Wordsworth (to allow him freedom to get forward), with Atko and McL out wide. Anton is a big loss, but John White is a dependable deputy.

Really need to edge this one, as I expect Bradford and Millwall to win this w/e, so anything other than 3 points will mean squeeky bum time...

Looking forward this as not been to Charlton before, need to get some 'pub' time in before the game to calm the nerves...

Walton

Demetriou
Coker (if fit)
White (Anton if fit)
Thompson

Atkinson
Wordsworth
Timlin (Amos if Timlin covering LB)
McLaughlin

Cox
Ranger

Subs: Schoolboy Goalie, Kyprianou or Matsuka (spelling?), O'Neill, , Amos, McGlashan, Robinson, MAF

why's everyone dropping Theo?

tough call on him, or Coxy as cannot see Nile getting dropped - think we need to revert back to 442 for this one, if someone needs to be dropped it's McLaughlin who's been off the pace a little since his injury. Theo out wide maybe?

tough call on him, or Coxy as cannot see Nile getting dropped - think we need to revert back to 442 for this one, if someone needs to be dropped it's McLaughlin who's been off the pace a little since his injury. Theo out wide maybe?

I like that idea but whatever the starting line-up. someone will complain. The team doesn't "pick itself" which is good, in my view.

This is by no means a 'gimme'
Concerned that they will want to put right the defeat, and won't want two on the bounce

Little Havens.Can't get much better than that.:thumbsup:

Fantastic Charity! I have donated time on many occasions to do volunteer work for them through my employers. We haven't organised anything for a while so I need to remind them of this.

The staff there are amazing and dedicated, hearing their stories really puts your own worries into perspective.

Why are we playing players in left back that ain't left backs when Coker is injured, Kypriano the youngster is a left back surely throw him in??

Little Havens.Can't get much better than that.:thumbsup:

Fantastic Charity! I have donated time on many occasions to do volunteer work for them through my employers. We haven't organised anything for a while so I need to remind them of this.

The staff there are amazing and dedicated, hearing their stories really puts your own worries into perspective.

I understand the press day tomorrow is coming from Little Havens to further promote this. Commercial Director Danny Macklin will be taking part in the walk along with Trust members, there will be collection buckets taken around the away end by members as well.

Thanks, on behalf of everyone, to TZ for their kind donation via the Just Giving page.

If anyone has any doubts about why we're doing this for Little Havens, then this video might help...

[video=youtube;navSHSnxVzc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=navSHSnxVzc[/video]

Back