• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlton manager accuses Southend Fans of poor memories on BBC website

dashman

Dash De Shrimper
Are you SURE!?!

Charlton Athletic manager Phil Parkinson has hit out at the abuse hurled at skipper Nicky Bailey by supporters of his former club Southend.

The 25-year-old midfielder was subjected to abuse during Saturday's 1-0 win at The Valley.

"I was amazed because I thought he would get a standing ovation," Parkinson told BBC Radio Kent.

"Southend made a profit on him. I was astounded at the amount of stick because all he did was better himself."

Parkinson added: "He was their player-of-the-year and gave them exceptional service.

"When we played Barnet, another of Nicky's former clubs, in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, their supporters gave him a great reception and the Southend fans should have done the same.

"That's a problem in football, people forget.

"By comparison, young Jimmy Walker, who once played for Charlton, received a standing ovation from our supporters when he came off the bench.

"And this is a player who didn't play a great deal during his Charlton career."

Hmm how long did Jimmy Walker have left on his contract then?

Why did this 'dedicated' player pull out of his last game in such a strange 'injury' way?

Why did NB keep the lid on all these activities instead of just saying from the start what were his intentions?

Disrupted (IMHO ruined) the start of the season.

Wait till he leaves Parkinson; you will know then lol!

if you have a look at 606 on charlton and southend you will see that charlton fans don't seem to agree with their own manager's take on this.
also lots of nice comments from charlton fans about southend support on saturday.

Good management that. He knows the truth though. After having a bottle of wine with Parky on Saturday night he did say that he acknowledged why the Southend fans gave him so much stick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/8400297.stm

personally i have no hard feeliongs towards Bailey - thought he was a good player and fair enough about getting a move but joined in the wind up on Saturday as it might have affected his game, or not, but was a bit of a laugh -

definately got to him tho -

oh well soon enough we will be issued with Ministry of Sport approved song sheets and be totally vetted by our eyeballs being pictured before being belted into our numbered seats and logged onto the CCTV surveillance -

lets face it we played them off the park and Bailey made a **** of himself faking an injury in the final minutes -

lets face it we played them off the park and Bailey made a **** of himself faking an injury in the final minutes -[/QUOTE]

And then getting up all of a sudden, running upto the halfway line and signalling to get back on as we attacked lol - oh the modern game, how it changeth!

Sour grapes from an inbred ****

1 Southend 46 82
2 Colchester 46 79

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

oh and 6-1 on aggregate!

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

Of course Walker was well received! Didn't we save them a load of money by paying his medical costs?!

Bailey got what he deserved, he knew he'd get it so I was glad we didn't disappoint him.

Bailey got us a profit ..... yes. Ronaldo got Man United a profit but the way he tried to get out I'd bet my life on his return to Old Trafford being an unhappy one!

i also hated parkinson . The man with the most dullest voice in football

Parky is and always will be a class act. However, despite being a strong character and a great motivator, his voice is totally devoid of any personality.

His voice is an interesting one. He spent the whole of his childhood in Lancashire, had a couple of seasons as an apprentice at Southampton and then many years at Reading.

I can't hear any trace of the the northern accent you would expect, if anything his voice reminds me of David Brent. And where does Ricky Gervais come from ?

Reading

"By comparison, young Jimmy Walker, who once played for Charlton, received a standing ovation from our supporters when he came off the bench.

"And this is a player who didn't play a great deal during his Charlton career."

Eh standing ovation for James Walker from their fans??? A few people and I mean only a very few Charlton fans clapped him, most had probably never even heard of him!!!

Back