• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Check out the gallery the OS

CM2 Blue

Youth Team⭐
Apologies if this has been picked up elsewhere but the gallery photographs on the OS are well worth a look with regard to both our goals. David Scriven take a bow!

I sit on the front row in South Upper and was sure that the ball did not cross the line for our first 'goal'. Well, looking at the photograph may not clear things up definitively but it looks as though the lino could have made the right call. I have not seen any TV footage and this might tell another story but ...

As for our second goal, after Scannell's run and cross leading to Baldwin's excellent finish there was a feeling that he had let the ball run out of play. Again, it is not definitive from the photograph but it doesn't look like it. The TV may tell a different story here, too, but this is another excellent and well timed shot by Scrivs. Well done.

As to the game, sometimes you get more than you deserve (which for us yesterday was nothing at all after a woeful performance) but that is the joy and fascination of football.

From East Black it wasn't out of play; it looked a goal as well but I'm not totally convinced.

Mate of mine was sat in one of the boxes right towards the South and said that it was at least 2 yards out of play when Scannell hooked it back in. There was a Rochdale scout sat in the box who was amazed that the goal was given.

Mate of mine was sat in one of the boxes right towards the South and said that it was at least 2 yards out of play when Scannell hooked it back in. There was a Rochdale scout sat in the box who was amazed that the goal was given.

2 yards...like thats 6 feet the ball would have been in the stand...lol

Brilliant work on the 1st one Scriv, credit where due. And to be fair look at the AR on the far side, he's actually looking over the top of the corner flag so couldn't be more in line. Good work from him too.
Would have made a great pic for one of the newspaper reports.

If Scannell is making contact there then it's in play. All credit again to the AR as well. He's 10 yards behind play & in no position to see if it's in or out. I like him!

This is one of my pet hates in football. The ball partly goes over the line - the crowd go up - and the ref or lino give it as out. The whole of the ball has to go over the whole of the line! In both instances it was proved by the photos that it did for the goal and didn't for the cross. Great photos!!

Had a good view of both goals from the West Stand Family enclosure and the lino was spot on with both the ball over the line for the goal and that Scannell did keep the ball in play for the 2nd goal. Well done Scannell.

Considering all the stick Scannell seems to be getting at the moment he must have a few assist to his name so far this season.

Having looked at that photo it seems to me that the first was a goal. Firstly, look at where the lino is. He couldn't be better placed. He's right on the corner flag. Secondly based on where the 'keepers hands are, the ball either still has further to travel before the 'keeper got to it, or the keeper has already pushed it out, in which case it has come from further back. Either way it would seem to be a good shout by the lino.

Having now looked at the second goal, it seems to me that the ball was on the line when Scannell hooked the ball across. Another good shout from the lino.

Last edited:
Having looked at that photo it seems to me that the first was a goal. Firstly, look at where the lino is. He couldn't be better placed. He's right on the corner flag. Secondly based on where the 'keepers hands are, the ball either still has further to travel before the 'keeper got to it, or the keeper has already pushed it out, in which case it has come from further back. Either way it would seem to be a good shout by the lino.

Having now looked at the second goal, it seems to me that the ball was on the line when Scannell hooked the ball across. Another good shout from the lino.

Yep the lino got a few things wrong during the match but he was in the right place for both our goals. I have not even looked at the official site photos yet will have a look now.

O.K. had a look now and maybe for the 2nd goal the lino was not quite up with play but from the photo you can see Scannell keeps the ball in play. Good photos on the Official Site.

Last edited:
Back