• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Checkatrade (EFL Trophy)

Any idea on dates for fixtures?

Just this for now. I think the dates will be confirmed after the Premier or Championship club is added on Friday.

EFL Trophy 2019/20
  • EFL Trophy Group Stages - week commencing 2 September 2019
  • Group Stages - week commencing 7 October 2019
  • Group Stages - week commencing 11 November 2019
  • Round Two – week commencing 2 December 2019
  • Round Three – week commencing 6 January 2020
  • Quarter-Finals – week commencing 21 January 2020
  • Semi-Finals - week commencing 17 February 2020
  • EFL Trophy Final - Sunday 5 April 2020
So keep the 5th April free:Winking:

SOUTHEND United have been drawn with Leyton Orient and AFC Wimbledon in the group stage of the EFL Trophy.

More...

Be good to see Orient and give Justin Edinburgh a good send off, would be good to those that boycott the cup to come and show respect to one of our finest player

Does anyone really care about this competition?

Seeing as go out sop early in the other cups then yes.

The games are very important for the younger fringe players. Much better than a friendly and far more competitive than under 23's. The group format allows the manger to give youth a chance.

For example Kyp made his debut in the week then scored at Bolton on the Saturday.

For us as a club its more important than the bigger cups.

I dont believe Checkatrade have renewed their sponsorship for this

If the EFL don't get a sponsor the prize money for each game may drop, this would make it an even worse competition. Maybe the Premier League could put some of their millions in the pot considering their clubs are fielding teams.

I understand why certain people don't get involved with this competition and boycott.

I'm not sure why people boycott the games against other league sides though.

I am happy to see us play the likes of Orient etc.

I understand why certain people don't get involved with this competition and boycott.

I am happy to see us play the likes of Orient etc.

It's the Premier League B teams that are the issue. It was seen as a threat that Prem League B teams would be able to enter the normal league structure as they do in Spain. Do away with those and you'll see people return to the games, though even before they were hardly crowd pullers, at least not until the later stages. Our performances at Wembley & the Millenium Stadium are best forgotten.

It's the Premier League B teams that are the issue. It was seen as a threat that Prem League B teams would be able to enter the normal league structure as they do in Spain. Do away with those and you'll see people return to the games, though even before they were hardly crowd pullers, at least not until the later stages. Our performances at Wembley & the Millenium Stadium are best forgotten.

I put on a fantastic drinking performance for the Blackpool game.

Because it legitimises the competition as a whole. No point being half-arsed about the boycott and allowing the EFL to turn around and bleat on about attendances in the competition being up.

Back