• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
Many people have been asking me these last couple of days when the draw is for the last 32.

Well, wait no longer as it's this morning at 10:30am on Sky Sports News.

Keen followers of the competition* are already ahead of the game and were enthusiastically following last night's results.

Towards the end of the Official Match Thread some kind soul had previously laid out the scenarios, so I'll update them to ensure we are all up to speed with our pens and pads at the ready come 10:30am.

Leaving aside the Northern half of the draw, as it's of no interest to anybody (including Northerners) here are the permutations for our half :-

Home Sides

Yeovil Town
AFC Wimbledon
Swindon Town
Coventry City
Southampton U21
Norwich City U21
Southend United
Millwall

Away Sides

Reading U21
Swansea City U21
Oxford United
Wycombe Wanderers
Crawley Town
MK Dons
Brighton & Hove Albion U21
Luton Town

According to the rules, we can't play Brighton & Hove Albion U21, so we have around a 30% chance of playing an U21 side.

But we could play MK Dons, which will push David Icke into overdrive!

Talking of which, SKY have just announced that Icke and MK Shrimper will be drawing the numbers from Mrs Blue's sofa live on our screens. Mrs Blue, of course, no stranger to the spotlight, having appeared in 'Grimsby' and is the author of the book 'My life banging on about Jason Williams'.

Anyway, with the excitement mounting, I'll re-join you in time for the draw later.

*Mick

If we get Swansea U21 can we send King back to play for them.

Talking of which, SKY have just announced that Icke and MK Shrimper will be drawing the numbers from Mrs Blue's sofa live on our screens. Mrs Blue, of course, no stranger to the spotlight, having appeared in 'Grimsby' and is the author of the book 'My life banging on about Jason Williams'.

Anyway, with the excitement mounting, I'll re-join you in time for the draw later.

AndyT, thanks so much for this thread.

I was so excited about the next round that I could hardly sleep for minutes last night, and having this thread is like having our own bespoke SkySportNews feed. I note that you also include a personalised advertising stream such as the book you mentioned, though I hear that this is being turned into a 18-rated film with more or less the same title.

I hope Sky has a deputy on standby, as I am expecting Mr Icke to spontaneously combust with self-righteous indignation fairly early into the draw.

Roll on 10.30

Really don't want an u21's side. Luton would be good but it doesn't matter because we won't get a crowd anyway!

Was more excited for the Essex Senior Cup draw.

It'll be Wycombe Wanderers again, and it will be an even more exciting game than our last one against them, you'll see.

Am always a little bit gutted when we go out in the first round of that to be honest. Only a little bit.
Zoltan Liptak can't lead us to glory every year, but at least we have the memories of 2008.

Only 15 minutes to go.

Read up last night that apparently, the fine for breaking the competition rules about fielding sides is £5,000, so effectively in the group stages you could have cut a deal with the oppo to deliberately lose the match (£10,000) in exchange for them paying your £5,000 fine for fielding a youth XI :cool:

On the fielding rules, I finally got to the bottom of it. Rules are :-

a) 5 players who started the last league match
or
b) 5 players who start the next league match
or
c) 5 of the top 11 players on appearances (incl substitute) on the pitch this season

On Tuesday, we took option (c) with Barrett, Thompson, McGlashan, Cox, O'Neill

Many people have been asking me these last couple of days when the draw is for the last 32.

Well, wait no longer as it's this morning at 10:30am on Sky Sports News.

Keen followers of the competition* are already ahead of the game and were enthusiastically following last night's results.

Towards the end of the Official Match Thread some kind soul had previously laid out the scenarios, so I'll update them to ensure we are all up to speed with our pens and pads at the ready come 10:30am.

Leaving aside the Northern half of the draw, as it's of no interest to anybody (including Northerners) here are the permutations for our half :-

Home Sides

Yeovil Town
AFC Wimbledon
Swindon Town
Coventry City
Southampton U21
Norwich City U21
Southend United
Millwall

Away Sides

Reading U21
Swansea City U21
Oxford United
Wycombe Wanderers
Crawley Town
MK Dons
Brighton & Hove Albion U21
Luton Town

According to the rules, we can't play Brighton & Hove Albion U21, so we have around a 30% chance of playing an U21 side.

But we could play MK Dons, which will push David Icke into overdrive!

*Mick

Ohhh you are awful,but I like you.

Back