• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CheckaTrade Trophy

Always pleased to have the opportunity to smash Col Ewe regardless of the competition.

Not much of a draw if they haven't worked out who the U21 side will be yet.

I did read that the U21 sides will be limited to only 2 overage players this year though, so hopefully they'll all be out at the group stage this season.

The draw is being held on Wednesday 18th . We are in Group B of the draw we wont play these teams as police do not want high profile games.

The draw is being held on Wednesday 18th . We are in Group B of the draw we wont play these teams as police do not want high profile games.

Why not?......Didn't we play Col Ewe & Gillingham last year in the competition?

I believe its set regional to minimise fans having to travel long distances.

I understand that the only two matches that are not allowed to be drawn in the same group for security reasons are Portsmouth v Southampton and Sunderland v Newcastle.

Last edited:
Whoop-de-do. I can't wait to see who the Invited side will be....

Whoop-de-do. I can't wait to see who the Invited side will be....

West ham U21's would be the obvious choice for us, Colchester & Cambridge in terms of both rail and road connections. Not as if they will bring many, but if they want to try to increase attendances, it would make the most sense.

Last edited:
SOUTHEND United have been drawn against Colchester and Cambridge United in the group stages of the Checkatrade Trophy.

More...

Well. Two local-ish clubs there (although I am always surprised at how far away Cambridge is) ..... and the possibility of playing against Barry Corr of course. It would be good to see big Irishman again.

Would hope to get through and give some time on the pitch to players who haven't broken into the first XI.

Back