• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CheckaTrade Trophy

It's probably because so many people are boycotting the trophy games itself that Col U are not reducing the prices. There will always be a hard core of people that will go... if we had 200 people @ £12 that's £2400 in revenue. That would need to be 480 at £5 each and that isn't going to happen. Programme sales are dying and there's only so many burgers you can sell at half time.

Sensible move from Cowling I reckon.

That is exactly how he thinks, he reacts the same way when fans ask about big discounts for our league games.

Haha....I was only ??? for a little bite to be honest mate....it wasn’t meant as a dig.

Fair play to them.

As a development coach there is always a fine line between extending and testing the boys at the best level they can and allowing them to enjoy success in the comfort of the age bands.....there’s pros and cons to both....and lots of factors involved....physical capability, technical advancement, social levels etc etc and all this must then be balanced with the more obvious confidence levels that come from success and winning games or playing well.....

For what it’s worth I believe both Col U and Southend are both clubs that do very well with their young players

Haha....I was only ??? for a little bite to be honest mate....it wasn’t meant as a dig.

Fair play to them.

As a development coach there is always a fine line between extending and testing the boys at the best level they can and allowing them to enjoy success in the comfort of the age bands.....there’s pros and cons to both....and lots of factors involved....physical capability, technical advancement, social levels etc etc and all this must then be balanced with the more obvious confidence levels that come from success and winning games or playing well.....

For what it’s worth I believe both Col U and Southend are both clubs that do very well with their young players

I agree both clubs do well on limited resources, our lads play against some much bigger clubs so it can be tough for them. If you are interested here is a Wiki link to some details. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colchester_United_F.C._Under-23s_and_Academy

It's probably because so many people are boycotting the trophy games itself that Col U are not reducing the prices. There will always be a hard core of people that will go... if we had 200 people @ £12 that's £2400 in revenue. That would need to be 480 at £5 each and that isn't going to happen. Programme sales are dying and there's only so many burgers you can sell at half time.

Sensible move from Cowling I reckon.

It’s not the amount, although £10 is more than enough for this cup. it’s the fact he is increased it because is us. That is a P*** take..... So I’m out.

It’s not the amount, although £10 is more than enough for this cup. it’s the fact he is increased it because is us. That is a P*** take..... So I’m out.
Small clubs always charge more for the big games against the much bigger sides, too be expected when we go and play minors. Similar to when a pre-season against Great Wakering, good to helpthem out

having paid £20 to watch Southend play crap at Luton......this seems a fair price and quicker to get home from if it goes tits up

Back