• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CheckaTrade Trophy

Well, that's all good. A real chance to get into the next stage and opportunities for fringe players to get time on the pitch as well as for others to improve their fitness. :Highfive:

Southampton have been one of the better U21 sides in the last couple of years. 7 points in the first season and 4 last year.

Stunning draw.

We don't know when we play each team.

Hard to imagine a more pathetically organised competition.

Why people continually knock this tournament ii dont know , tome it serves a purpose,players who have been warming the bench in league matches get some valuable game time,players coming backfrom injury also get some valuable game time ,plus some u23s who knocking on the door off the senior squad, our coaching staff get to see how they perform against seniors,well in COL U and Cambridge they do.Also sure they wasnt knocking the comp when we made the final 3 times .give it a rest you knockers ,after all no one is forcing you to go and watch .

Why people continually knock this tournament ii dont know , tome it serves a purpose,players who have been warming the bench in league matches get some valuable game time,players coming backfrom injury also get some valuable game time ,plus some u23s who knocking on the door off the senior squad, our coaching staff get to see how they perform against seniors,well in COL U and Cambridge they do.Also sure they wasnt knocking the comp when we made the final 3 times .give it a rest you knockers ,after all no one is forcing you to go and watch .
Keep up. When we got to the finals we weren’t playing Prem boys sides. Prem needs to sort itself out not use us to give their kids a game.

With all the rules about regionalisation and who can/can't play who, there doesn't seem to be much of a random element to this "draw". Its more of an algorithm really

Keep up. When we got to the finals we weren’t playing Prem boys sides. Prem needs to sort itself out not use us to give their kids a game.
So what if we have to play Prem League boys teams,the FA have shown they are attempting ways off bringing the top young talent on, if this helps good luck , quite a few on here were threading about England youth winning the u19 and u21 world cups last year, and how England have some real young talent ,maybe they cut their teeth in the checkatrade . if it helps the young players in ENgland ,thats good enough for me .

So what if we have to play Prem League boys teams,the FA have shown they are attempting ways off bringing the top young talent on, if this helps good luck , quite a few on here were threading about England youth winning the u19 and u21 world cups last year, and how England have some real young talent ,maybe they cut their teeth in the checkatrade . if it helps the young players in ENgland ,thats good enough for me .

If that was what happened I think people wouldn't maybe mind as much, it's when the team are full of mid 20s foreign internationals that there seems a pretty gap between rhetoric and reality. that's what ****es people off

If that was what happened I think people wouldn't maybe mind as much, it's when the team are full of mid 20s foreign internationals that there seems a pretty gap between rhetoric and reality. that's what ****es people off

Agreed - there is a sizeable gap between "intention" and action - both on the part of F.A. and the clubs in the top division. If I saw a review by the F.A. of their own pension and benefit packages then I might start to trust them just a little (very little) bit.

what date(s) are the fixture(s)? Thanks

Home to Cambridge on Tuesday 4th September

Away to Colchester on Tuesday 9th October

Home to Southampon (U23's) on Wednesday 14th November.

If we qualify from the group, the next round of 32 will be held the week beginning Monday 3rd December, so probably Tuesday the 4th.

Got my to ticket for the Cambridge game was only £4.Decent price

Back