• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheeky girls...

Cheeky girls... - Opinion

• Woohoo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rubbish

• They're no Pulse cheerleaders

• Is it April the 1st AGAIN?

• Total voters

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
Can't believe this is the first post on this issue. Absolute madness. My Torquay mate's worried that we're trying to p*** on their parade!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 20 2004,13:22)]I'd play them as wing backs.
Cheeky Girls?!

They're gonna get Spanked!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ April 20 2004,13:33)]I cant believe it, who next? .. Busted???  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I'm hoping its Chaka Demus and Pliers!!!!!!!!!

WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Surrey Shrimper @ April 20 2004,13:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ April 20 2004,13:33)]I cant believe it, who next? .. Busted???  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

blues.gif
I'd rather see Living In A Box performing their top ten hit 'Living In A Box' from their album 'Living In A Box'

Full of ideas those chaps.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ April 20 2004,13:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Surrey Shrimper @ April 20 2004,13:43)]
[b said:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

blues.gif
I'd rather see Living In A Box performing their top ten hit 'Living In A Box' from their album 'Living In A Box'

Full of ideas those chaps.
They'll be being buried in a box if they come down my local.

Hopefully it will be a blazing hot day and I shall be in a pub beer garden untill as late as possible before making the ground just in time for kick-off. I shall therefore miss all the pre-match stuff because The Cheeky Girls are about as far away from being my cup of tea as possible (except they are better than The Darkness of course).

However there are plenty of our younger fans who will be in the ground and enjoy it, some of them may be attracted to come because of all the extra pre-match entertainment. It may even be the difference between some of the Cardiff 'floating support' going to the game or not. This, in my opinion. is good. The more the merrier at all games, money through the turnstiles and over the counters on programmes, sweets, drinks, burgers etc.

If we win on a sunny day with a lush green pitch then this may persuade some of these young fans to pester their parents to come again next season, maybe even buy a shirt or possibly a season ticket. This again is all good. If it takes some talentless bimbos to prance around miming in the centre circle then so be it - I won't be there to witness it so why should I be bothered?

[b said:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of Busted (Charlie perhaps? Sounds right) from Southend?

Get em in and we'll have our own festival. If Glasto were Premiership, we would clearly be conference!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ April 20 2004,13:53)]Hopefully it will be a blazing hot day and I shall be in a pub beer garden untill as late as possible before making the ground just in time for kick-off. I shall therefore miss all the pre-match stuff because The Cheeky Girls are about as far away from being my cup of tea as possible (except they are better than The Darkness of course).

However there are plenty of our younger fans who will be in the ground and enjoy it, some of them may be attracted to come because of all the extra pre-match entertainment. It may even be the difference between some of the Cardiff 'floating support' going to the game or not. This, in my opinion. is good. The more the merrier at all games, money through the turnstiles and over the counters on programmes, sweets, drinks, burgers etc.

If we win on a sunny day with a lush green pitch then this may persuade some of these young fans to pester their parents to come again next season, maybe even buy a shirt or possibly a season ticket. This again is all good. If it takes some talentless bimbos to prance around miming in the centre circle then so be it - I won't be there to witness it so why should I be bothered?
You mean 'I don't care'.?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 20 2004,14:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ April 20 2004,13:53)]Hopefully it will be a blazing hot day and I shall be in a pub beer garden untill as late as possible before making the ground just in time for kick-off. I shall therefore miss all the pre-match stuff because The Cheeky Girls are about as far away from being my cup of tea as possible (except they are better than The Darkness of course).

laugh.gif
I like it
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 20 2004,13:54)]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of Busted (Charlie perhaps?  Sounds right) from Southend?[/QUOTE]
Not far wrong sir one of the members actually hails from thorpe bay, and it is james bourne. Still i say why not have the cheeky girls, if it adds a few more to the gate then its a good idea, even though they are dreadful, i will be too ****ed to even notice they are there anyway!!.. thank god!..
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 20 2004,14:00)]
[b said:

No, I mean it's a good idea by the club as it will bring people in through the turnstiles which is all revenue and potential new support for the club.

I personally won't be watching them because I'll be in the pub, and anyone who moans about them performing has the same option - stay out of the ground untill they're finished.

So I do care, I care about the club and getting more people in the ground which this is one way of doing just that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ April 20 2004,14:58)]No, I mean it's a good idea by the club as it will bring people in through the turnstiles which is all revenue and potential new support for the club.

I personally won't be watching them because I'll be in the pub, and anyone who moans about them performing has the same option - stay out of the ground untill they're finished.

So I do care, I care about the club and getting more people in the ground which this is one way of doing just that.
yeah agreed. If a kid wants to go to see the Cheeky Girls for reasons we can not fathom, they would be tempted by this. If a kid goes, an adult goes and that's another twenty quid for the club (ignoring other purchases)

Still reckon it sounded a bit like an elaborated version of I don't care though
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 20 2004,15:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ April 20 2004,14:58)]No, I mean it's a good idea by the club as it will bring people in through the turnstiles which is all revenue and potential new support for the club.

yeah agreed.  If a kid wants to go to see the Cheeky Girls for reasons we can not fathom, they would be tempted by this.  If a kid goes, an adult goes and that's another twenty quid for the club (ignoring other purchases)

Still reckon it sounded a bit like an elaborated version of I don't care though  
biggrin.gif
Probably because I've got f**k all to do except passing the time before I go down the Spread before tonights game.

So fair enough, point taken  
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ April 20 2004,15:41)]
[b said:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Oi! Id def go into the ground early and see Busted.

Their well worth the money...........
biggrin.gif

Cue abuse.....
I can just see the Echo headlines
"Vange Shrimper in pant-throwing scandal"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ April 20 2004,15:44)]I can just see the Echo headlines
"Vange Shrimper in pant-throwing scandal"
PERVERT!!
rock.gif

As an elderly gentleman, I had absolutely no idea who or what these "Cheeky Girls" were and was thus unable to form an opinion.

Thankfully, the wonders of modern technology have enabled me to locate websites dedicated to them and, after spending the last 5 hours perusing pictures of them to help me make up my mind, all I can say is "Woohoo" as long as nobody asks them to actually sing, which I believe they do rather badly....

Back