• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I live in Chelmsford so am thinking of going - if I do then I'll update the Zone at HT and FT

it is a sign of how far down the pecking order Scott Spencer is that he can't even make the bench for tonight. Unless of course he has an injury we don't know about or has already gone

Heard hat Scott Spencer will be given another chance in the first team so that might be why he isn't featuring tonight, although you would think that he would play tonight to get match fitness. Maybe injured?

Heard hat Scott Spencer will be given another chance in the first team so that might be why he isn't featuring tonight, although you would think that he would play tonight to get match fitness. Maybe injured?

Whereas I've got nothing against Spencer being given a chance in the team per se, I'd much rather Sturrock choose either him and Spencer and persist with them, rather than splitting the opportunities between them. The wages they're both commanding, given our current predicament, would be much better spent on a central midfielder or right-winger.

Back on topic, good to see Stevens on the bench. Is there any particularly reason why Comminges isn't involved? Would he have had to have been registered with the EFA for this particular game? I would've thought that Sturrock would've wanted to get him up to speed as quickly as possible having been out of the game for so long.

Whereas I've got nothing against Spencer being given a chance in the team per se, I'd much rather Sturrock choose either him and Spencer and persist with them, rather than splitting the opportunities between them. The wages they're both commanding, given our current predicament, would be much better spent on a central midfielder or right-winger.

Back on topic, good to see Stevens on the bench. Is there any particularly reason why Comminges isn't involved? Would he have had to have been registered with the EFA for this particular game? I would've thought that Sturrock would've wanted to get him up to speed as quickly as possible having been out of the game for so long.

Good question re Comminges. I suppose him playing means he wouldn't have trained today or tomorrow (do they have the day off after a game?) with the firsts.

Is the problem with Paterson and Spencer that no-one wants them*?

*At least on the wages they are currently on.

If anyone is able to/fancies doing Twitter updates tonight, please use the #SZone hashtag so we can find them easily!

it is a sign of how far down the pecking order Scott Spencer is that he can't even make the bench for tonight. Unless of course he has an injury we don't know about or has already gone

I think that unless he has an injury it's pretty conclusive that he doesn't figure in Sturrock's plans, which is a shame as I'd like to see him given a chance.

I'm going , haven't told my Dad he's taking me yet . Nice surprise for him when he gets in . :hilarious:

No sign of Crawford or Ferdinand either, not both got "ankle" injuries a la Grant?.

Spencer is injured, picked up just before the Oxford game, out for another week or so - would have played tonight.

Crawford full of the flu.

Paterson playing to get more match practice/fit.

Comminges is, I've been told, looking for somewhere to live and settling down after a hectic few days!

Just wondering, is tonight game available on the radio at all?

Back