• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rigsby

Life President⭐
Is the chosen one right to ban the Doctor ? Should all medical staff be trained to know when a player is genuinely hurt or just time wasting by feigning a serious injury.

No one gives a ****. It's a testament to how dull the Premiership has got that the main story is about a sodding physio.

If anything, Mourinho should have had a go at Hazard, not Carneiro.

His public shaming of her was appalling and in a sport where pitch side medical care had sometimes been below par she was being risk averse which is perfectly right. But people don't really seem to care, because Mourinho

100% no, he should be made to apologise, will that happen? No. It's never possible to know what pain is, many times it's not visible.

She has the training and the skills, she was doing her job to protect the player.

The player was trying to waste time as his team were down to 10 men and under the cosh, lying on the ground feigning injury in order to break up the play and catch breath.

Mourinho said he knew the player was not injured sufficiently to require the Physio to go on the pitch, that , to me, means he knew what was going on and, by publically blaming the Physio , he is condoning the time wasting actions.

Chelsea appear to be saying that the manager should decide whether a player a injured enough to require treatment, or are they saying is that they know when they have told a player to feign injury to waste time and they don't want the benefits of this cheating negated by someone actually going on to treat the phantom injury.

Mourinho has been found out and rather than manning up , he is blaming someone else.

The player was trying to waste time as his team were down to 10 men and under the cosh, lying on the ground feigning injury in order to break up the play and catch breath.

Mourinho said he knew the player was not injured sufficiently to require the Physio to go on the pitch, that , to me, means he knew what was going on and, by publically blaming the Physio , he is condoning the time wasting actions.

Chelsea appear to be saying that the manager should decide whether a player a injured enough to require treatment, or are they saying is that they know when they have told a player to feign injury to waste time and they don't want the benefits of this cheating negated by someone actually going on to treat the phantom injury.

Mourinho has been found out and rather than manning up , he is blaming someone else.
She is not the Physio, as many think... She is the club Doctor.

Exactly this.
Plus , as far as I am aware , the medical team can only go on after the player ( via the referee ) or the referee have requested them.
So in that sense , she had little choice.
Hazard was wasting time and Mourinho is a knob

Everyone is talking about this nonsense rather than Chelsea starting their season with a home draw to a mid table side*. Nice bit of deflection work by Mourinho.

For me, the Ayew drag-back for the goal is the thing we should be taking from the game. Cracking bit of skill.

*Slightly harsh on Swansea there who are a good team. But you know what I mean.

This is simply Mourinho's way of deflecting attention from his underperforming team. He does it every time and he's a master at it. Last season I think it was the ball boys.. He knows the press will pick up on the ridiculous comments and drag them out for a week thus leaving questions about the side for another time.

This is simply Mourinho's way of deflecting attention from his underperforming team. He does it every time and he's a master at it. Last season I think it was the ball boys.. He knows the press will pick up on the ridiculous comments and drag them out for a week thus leaving questions about the side for another time.

The BoringlyShite is one game in. :facepalm:

PL football is boring, too many egos, and spoilt brats !

Will Mourinho banish Courtois ? Who really cost them victory for getting sent off?

No one gives a ****. It's a testament to how dull the Premiership has got that the main story is about a sodding physio.

It's a testament to how dull the media coverage of the Premiership has got that the main story is about Mourinho hanging his physio out to dry. There were plenty of good stories around this weekend. Swansea's performance, West Ham proving that Arsenal are still Arsenal no matter how hard they try to not be Arsenal, the same for Spurs, Watford and Bournemouth holding their own... the media, particularly broadsheet journos, should know better than to be sucked in.

This is kind of behaviour from Mourinho does need to be held into account by the media, though. It is diversionary from him, but it’s also an appalling way to treat a member of staff. Throwing them to the wolves in order to save face shows a complete lack of accountability for his own failures. He underestimated Swansea, he knows he did, and he paid the price by dropping two points early on.

The BoringlyShite is one game in. :facepalm:

Bit like the swearfilter autocorrecting West Ham to Wet Sham, this. Come on lads.

Hazard should be taking the rap, and the sooner the glory boys of the prem start to get punished in some way for their theatrics the better.

As for managers having the final say on whether a player is injured or not this will set a dangerous precedent, they have no medical training, and dont see the incident from a trained medics point of view.

On Sky Sports News HQ they have showed footage of where the referee has called for the medical staff to attend to Eden Hazard, so she is clearly doing her Job and therefore is owed an apology in my opinion.

I expected to open this thread and just see 'would you?'

I did think of posting something like that and then realised I need to grow up and be more mature , so I didn't.
But ...................... let's put it this way , if I were playing and had a nasty injury , would I want the Chelsea doctor or Ben Clarkson attending to me ????
Tough one.....

Back