• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chelsea forums

I can see how some of them on there would be a pit peeved with so many Southend fans invading the board. I also thought the comments about baloons, comedy wigs and facepaint was funny and spot on.

What made my blood boil however was the Chelski fan who said that we are his 'local' team and that the train ride in could be interesting. I certainly hope it's interesting, I hope he gets found out as the gloryhunting scum he is and gets the **** kicked out of him somewhere on either the Fenchurch Street or Liverpool Street line. Used to make me so angry whenever I got a train into London at a weekend for whatever reason to see the clowns in West Ham, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal etc etc shirts travelling in to watch their team. They are more the enemy as far as I'm concerned than any number of Col Utd fans who at least actually support their local team.

But... to put the boot on the other foot, I've lived in London for the last 15 years, I refuse to follow my "local" team (Millwall) and I still support Southend.

What makes Chelsea fans who were born in London, now live in Benfleet but still follow Chelsea any different?

In football, surely you only ever fall in love once...?

Matt

But... to put the boot on the other foot, I've lived in London for the last 15 years, I refuse to follow my "local" team (Millwall) and I still support Southend.

What makes Chelsea fans who were born in London, now live in Benfleet but still follow Chelsea any different?

Matt

The trouble is, for every genuine fan of one of the top 4 teams, there are hundreds who are just glory hunters.

If I look at the kids my age, born in my street in Southend, who support Arsenal or Liverpool or even Man U (basically any team who was doing well when they were younger).

Their parents are not Liverpool fans (I could accept that) they do not go to any of their games (even the London games) they have no association with the club whatsoever.

That's what peeves me off!

"We will enjoy our day out at Stamford Bridge - will we resemble the victorious visiting Norsemen in the original battle with you as the defeated English home boys? Who knows?!"

Just a heads up OBL, the Norwegians got their arses handed to them on that particular battle in 1066. :sherlock:

Thought they won the battle "on the day" as it were, but then got roundly beaten a week or so later? Must admit I didn't check, but that was the memory I had from school.

Matt

I'd say mainly because these kind are a minority.

Thought they won the battle "on the day" as it were, but then got roundly beaten a week or so later? Must admit I didn't check, but that was the memory I had from school.

Not Quite...

The Saxons stuffed the Norse on 25/9/1066 and were roundly beated just 19 days later, by the Normans several miles away at Hastings

Not Quite...

The Saxons stuffed the Norse on 25/9/1066 and were roundly beated just 19 days later, by the Normans several miles away at Hastings

Oh dear, did I get it the wrong way round? Just as well that didn't happen on Sunday then isn't it?! ;)

I was planning to get to the Bridge by helicopter and land it just behind the Matthew Harding Stand. Do you think that will be safe?

Little Message for my pal Grahame.

If I was an 'Internet Warrior', I would be on your poxy site mouthing off about 'taking liberties' and all that old bollocks. My comment about the glass, which was posted on a site that you regard as beneath your contempt, was motivated by your self-important humourless toss which isn't worthy of a club like Chelsea. You should support Wet Sham. Or Borient. Or Col Ewe. You deserve each other.

Matt

I think others have made my point for me so I'll just back them up.

We know that very few of the people who make the journey from Essex each week are exiled Londoners but people who have been born and bred locally that have chosen to follow a 'big' Prem team. That's who I have a problem with.

How far down the pyramid does your "home" team have to be before going further afield for a team to support becomes acceptable.
I was born in Hornchurch, lived in Billericay from the age of 6 , both with reasonable teams lower down the pyramid yet I chose to support a team 15 miles away as they were in the league, is there much of a difference ?

Not Quite...

Did they not have the away goals rule in those days?

The trouble is, for every genuine fan of one of the top 4 teams, there are hundreds who are just glory hunters.

If I look at the kids my age, born in my street in Southend, who support Arsenal or Liverpool or even Man U (basically any team who was doing well when they were younger).

Their parents are not Liverpool fans (I could accept that) they do not go to any of their games (even the London games) they have no association with the club whatsoever.

That's what peeves me off!

What about our American fan or the Australian that started supporting Southend after managing them on Championship manager?

Back