• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
Cudicini - nice outfit - looked really excellent picking the ball out of the net

Ferreira - terrified of Stanislas, (rumours that he will be replaced by Simon Francis)

Carvalho - very very poor in the air -

Ivanovic - who ?

Ashley Cole - could be useful as cover for Herd as long as hes sensible about his wages

Belletti - never heard of him

Lampard - sideways Lamplard got nothing out of this game - hahahahahaha -bet he will appreciate the dressing rooms at the Hall

Mikel - in Grantys pocket - a poor mans Macca

Joe Cole - reminds me of James Walker - looks good but no final ball

Kalou - the ball bounced off his bonce to give them the lead ....

Drogba - easy afternoon for Barrett and Clarke against the black Drewe Broughten -

Scolari - superb performance by world cup winning manager - finally outshone Sir Alex Ferguson by managing to hold on for the replay .. ... did well to react to Tilsons advanced tactical thinking - utilised his meagre resources well.

Stamford Bridge - nice colour (Blue) but lacks the intimacy of the Hall.

Chelsea fans - they like their club shop and seem to buy lots of stuff in there - (but even if they win every single thing they will always wish they were one of us .....)

advice for Chelsea - a game of football is at least 90 minutes long....

tube home ..... SUPERB

Drogba looks like a player with no interest at all. Hes passing was awful. Hes shots where poor. He was quite frankly s**t today.

Drogba looked what he always does, a big whinger that dives a lot - who else saw that massive shove?

from 10 minutes in, i would comment to anyone that would listen in the shed upper, that "that tony richards has done well to get a move to chelsea"

Dont say that about Drogba, it was Clarke and Barretts man handling defending that kept him out! :)

Dont say that about Drogba, it was Clarke and Barretts man handling defending that kept him out! :)

Didn't thnik that was anywhere near as much in evidence as it has been for Akinfenwa amongst others. They did ok today.

There was one corner Chelsea had in front of us when the score was 0-0, and Barrett had his arms all around Beletti. When the cross came in Barrett was literally wrestling with him. Then the linesman started flagging and I thought "oh God, why Barrett why?" and to my amazement gave us the freekick. Lucky escape!

Chelsea should be ashamed and embarrassed by their team's performance yesterday!!

By rights, they should have had the win in the bag in the first half hour. The quality in that team, and the wages that they earn, there should be no excuses - they were quite simply shocking in my humble opinion... a view that seems to be mirrored in Scolari's post match interview on ITV. Lampard, Cole's Joe and Cashley were kept very quiet, and Drogba looked to me like he didnt give a stuff! And I have never heard 35000 make so little noise - what was that all about???!! Apart from a couple of minutes of 'bouncing' at the other end, I thought they were all dead! Obviously, chelsea are fashionable, successful and all that stuff, and their marketing men have done a good job - but who cares? Where was the passion?????

I thought we were awesome today, and everyone in southend colours was fantastic! Our players were never going to match the skill and pace of the chelsea players, but our boys made it very difficult for them to play their game. What we lacked in quality was more than made up for by enthusiasm, grit, determination and self belief. Our heads stayed high, there were signs of a few early nerves - but as we were only 1-0 down at half time and looking comfortable, there was always hope. The longer it went on, the more confidence we took from that, and when we made the triple substitution, it was obvious we had a chance to get something from the game... did you see their players faces when Clarky scored - priceless!!!

A special mention for our fans too - we were fantastic! Went into 3 pubs, and all 3 filled up with Yellow... great atmosphere on the tube, in the pubs, at the game - that is what the FA cup is all about, real fans, real passion and giant-slaying!!!

Roll on the 14th... what a comedown for the spoilt and overpaid brats from Chelski to have to come to the Hall - what humiliation!!!

Man of the match - cant decide, every one of those boys was a star today. If pushed, I would go with joint nominations for Jonny Herd, Clarky and Mildy, who was quite simply awesome!!

Was only impressed by Mikel otherwise bunch of naff over paid celebs

Very tongue-in-cheek except - Drogba was awful. Dogbreath more like.

That is why he called him the black Broughton.

Personally, whilst he was disappointing I don't think he was quite that bad and at least won the corner for their goal. Chelsea were clearly better than us, but Lampard aside none of their players really stood out.

That is why he called him the black Broughton.

Personally, whilst he was disappointing I don't think he was quite that bad and at least won the corner for their goal. Chelsea were clearly better than us, but Lampard aside none of their players really stood out.

Lampard was easily their best player, and I thought Kalou also did well and I was pleased to see him subbed.

Back