• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Irish_Shrimper

Ant from across the Pond
Just back in the land of leprechauns a couple of hours after a great trip. Travelled over in Billy no mates style again for my 5th match of the season, and it was a teeny tiny bit better than the Huddersfield one last time :D

Started off Saturday morning leaving Limerick at 4:30 am, for a 6:30am flight. And having been working until midnight, decided against the rationale of sleeping, and just played pro evo 09 instead :) Eventually arrived into London Victoria from Stansted at 9:30am, and was met by my aunt from Rayleigh, and my cousin from Australia - whom I've never met before. Had some breakfast and caught up - then made my way up to Tower Hill to try and track down the now infamous Liberty something pub the police thought best to look at with large units, dogs, and probably snipers too :D

Great meeting everyone in there, watching Ricey trying on Aberdeen's 'Man Bag', finally meeting the legend that is Dad of DtS...the list goes on. Best moment in the boozer was upstairs, when things got a little loud. Out came the manager to have a chat with Ricey, and it all resulted in one of the lads seeing the photo opportunity for what it was and taking a few sneaky photos...before some of us left and watched as the police gathered in there masses!!

n511433549_1159915_8015.jpg

Before we caught the tube to Fulham Broadway, we passed some police on horseback. Intriguing question number 1 of the day came from Mr Rice: 'Do they pay road tax?' :D

The tube journey was interesting to say the least. Our group, consisting of myself, MK, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Hutton, Ricey and friend, Sam, Sarah, and their group, among others, headed for Tower Hill tube, and after getting split up into the groups 'Already have a tube ticket', and 'Need to stop and queue for a tube ticket', took to a carriage and the singing eventually got going. Richie, Foran, Richie Richie Foran was sang many times and for once, it wasn't me starting it. Wonderful :D Sam I think it was had his number, and we contemplated giving him a pre match phone call :) Journey took forever, but eventually arrived at Fulham Broadway and headed up to the Shed End.

Intriguing question number 2 of the day came from Mr Rice: 'Does Ken Bates live in one of those flats?' :D

Was very impressed with Stamford Bridge, just felt so surreal seeing Southend playing there. I could get used to it in a few years after a couple of promotions! We were very lucky not to be behind by at least 4 at half time. Some of the players simply looked frightened to pass the ball because one of these big names was in front of them in a blue shirt with a Premier League badge on their sleeve's. Second half was much improved, and the fear factor appeared to have subsided by a great deal.

We rode our luck big time, but the 3 substitutions were fantastic. Moussa looked incredibly assured in the tackle and in possession of the football, Laurent skinned Ashley Cole a couple of times, and won some good flick ons, and Dougie Freedman got in their faces, which they didn't like one bit :) I remember Cudicini, Ivanovic, Carvalho, and Mikel complaining to Dougie and the Ref at different stages about him kicking them or whatever, and it certainly unsettled them. Special mentions must go to both Mildy and Herd also - both played fantastic IMO. Of course, in the immediate moments after THAT goal, I nearly fell a few rows in front celebrating alongside Glasgow and OBL, and contemplated jumping the little barrier to celebrate with Bobby Greenberg close by. What a moment it was! The only downer? Aberdeen's signed flag got nicked from where it was hanging beside my one!!!!

Outside the ground after the match was a joke - hundreds of people queuing on the road for the tube. A few of us walked to Earl's Court and got on there. I got stopped by a fella on the road asking if I was one of the Limerick Shrimpers, and he shook my hand. Is that anyone from here? I forgot to ask...

Intriguing question number 3 of the day, came again from Mr Rice: 'Does Madonna live in one of those houses?'

Eventually got to Victoria again, got the bus back to Stansted, and finally sat in my hotel room at 9pm after a long day. Waited up for the highlights, expecting 10 minutes at least, not the crap 40 seconds. Oh well, if ITV want to pay us 7,500 quid for 40 seconds that's their problem :whistling: Flights for the replay are 61 euro...sure is tempting :D Had a great trip, and was wonderful meeting everyone I did bump into along the way. Would also like to thank OBL for being kind enough to help me out with a ticket :)

UTB!

Ant

Last edited:
Welcome Ant! Good to see you again and looking so much better - did you manage to stay off the sauce?

Just after you & Ricey jumped the barrier at Fulham Broadway, the "incident was sorted & we were on the platform in minutes!! Next time, clean your bloody ears out!

Just after you & Ricey jumped the barrier at Fulham Broadway, the "incident was sorted & we were on the platform in minutes!! Next time, clean your bloody ears out!

Well I did try jumping, I had to get a leg up over that stupid barrier. ;)

Excellent review Ant.... That bloke is the 'Internet Service Providings' bloke of fonejacker. LOL! Brilliant.

Some photos courtesy of Aberdeen Dave:

n689425473_1686066_3389.jpg

Me and Sam

n689425473_1686068_3811.jpg

LdnFasto and Ricey

n689425473_1686070_4657.jpg

Hutton, MK Shrimper, Sam, Davey and Ricey off of here

n689425473_1686075_6813.jpg

Ricey's new friend

n689425473_1686080_9052.jpg

MK, Aberdeen, and Ricey

Good meeting you again Ant, and also meeting Ricey for first time, and who ever that guy was who with Sarah, a great laugh

Good meeting you again Ant, and also meeting Ricey for first time, and who ever that guy was who with Sarah, a great laugh

Yeah good to meet you properly this time Ant. Was great traveling up with everyone from here. Had such a good laugh. Hope to see you all at the replay!

I think my body clock sensed it was going to be a momentous day ahead when awoke at 02:30 and posted at 02:59 - 12 hours to ko and counting.

Exchanged pleasantries with Ant soon after whilst he was at the airport and the whole day was indeed stunningly memorable.

Great account/diary Ant.

Pleased all our regular supporters who are not seasons, will now have opportunity to get to see the replay & that being on the data base of having bought a home or away ticket must be the best way to allocate. There will be some anomolies but no selection system is perfect.

Back