• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Chelsea: Will we be allowed in if we are inebriated ?

CC51DAS

President
Mate of mine who has been to the Bridge a few times tells me they are very hot on refusing admission to people who appear to have had a few too many.

Apparently at a Boxing Day fixture one of his mates was refused entry and he'd only eaten a couple of his Nan's mince pies which had been laced with brandy.

Also, anyone know if its true that they can confiscate your ticket and re-sell it ?

Mate of mine who has been to the Bridge a few times tells me they are very hot on refusing admission to people who appear to have had a few too many.

Apparently at a Boxing Day fixture one of his mates was refused entry and he'd only eaten a couple of his Nan's mince pies which had been laced with brandy.

Also, anyone know if its true that they can confiscate your ticket and re-sell it ?

Confiscating a ticket and re-selling it, I would imagine to be against the law. They would have to either refund it to you or if refused entry you seat should remain empty.

I can see them doing this TBH! Fortunately I've got such a tiny bladder I'm limiting myself or I'll be in the bog the entire game :D

I take this thread with a pinch of salt, if they refuse entry to everyone who has been a drink tomorrow there will probably only be 5000 there.

The Met in West London have never been overly friendly with fans turning up after a few beers so I'd keep a lowish profile if you are a bit "under the influence". Also the clubs have had your money so if you make the ground is irrelevant & we won't be considered a "hostile" crowd so they can take a harder attitude than they would with say 6000 Milwall or Leeds fans.

They've regularly had people out at Brentford, though generally after letting them pay at the turnstiles! Someone known to many on here was pulled at QPR a few years ago whilst standing in the queue to the turnstiles. He was asked if he'd had a beer & said something like "yes a couple", which was true, so nicked he was & despite certain police statements being thrown out in court he was convicted. They went the full monty on that one.

So eat loads of extra strong mints on the way to the ground & answer "noooo occifer" if asked if you've been drinking! :angel:

Last edited:
Or you can take the easy option and go into the ground early stone cold sober and get slaughtered on thier watered down beer.

I can see them doing this TBH! Fortunately I've got such a tiny bladder I'm limiting myself or I'll be in the bog the entire game :D

Aah, so that's why it says Twinkle Toes in the avatar space.

The Met in West London have never been overly friendly with fans turning up after a few beers so I'd keep a lowish profile if you are a bit "under the influence". Also the clubs have had your money so if you make the ground is irrelevant & we won't be considered a "hostile" crowd so they can take a harder attitude than they would with say 6000 Milwall or Leeds fans.

They've regularly had people out at Brentford, though generally after letting them pay at the turnstiles! Someone known to many on here was pulled at QPR a few years ago whilst standing in the queue to the turnstiles. He was asked if he'd had a beer & said something like "yes a couple", which was true, so nicked he was & despite certain police statements being thrown out in court he was convicted. They went the full monty on that one.

So eat loads of extra strong mints on the way to the ground & answer "noooo occifer" if asked if you've been drinking! :angel:

I believe every word you have said here Hooly but FFS since when has it been illegal to have a drink in a pub before attending a football match? I foresee trouble at the turnstiles tomorrow.

I believe every word you have said here Hooly but FFS since when has it been illegal to have a drink in a pub before attending a football match? I foresee trouble at the turnstiles tomorrow.
GHG. The incident I refer to did indeed happen.

But IIRC it's illegal at any game you go to after having a drink. I believe that every club's ground rules makes it an offence to enter a stadium "under the influence" which can mean after 1 sip of sherry. But in my near 40 years I've only seen that happen once in a queue to get in when the person has been as sober as that one was. I've seen many really ****ed people refused entry & sent packing, but this guy was actually prosecuted.

However it gives the authorities, whether police or club, the minimum level of proof required i.e. you don't need to be drunk &/or disorderly just had a drink.

Listen, they probably will be as nice as pie tomorrow as Dick Spooner will have told them how un-threatening we are. But it's the Met, so you never know! Keep em peeled (by that I mean the lemon in your pre match house double G&T!) :angel:

Last edited:
Well I'm wrong according to the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985, where they do refer to "drunk"

"A person who is drunk in a designated sports ground at any time during the period of a designated sporting event at that ground or is drunk while entering or trying to enter such a ground at any time during the period of a designated sporting event at that ground is guilty of an offence."

But drunk to a woodentop could mean any number of sherries!

GHG. The incident I refer to did indeed happen.

Indeed it did - I was just a few people back in the queue when it happened.

Thing was I was steaming that day and had drunk far more than a couple of beers but walked straight in. The Met and Greater Manchester - two worst forces in the country if you're a football fan.

Back