• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheltenham 2017

Ricky Otto

President⭐
Thought with Cheltenham being 8 days away I'd start a thread.

A lot of the top horses out this year Annie Power, Thistlecrack, Faugheen, Min out and Valtour died. All would have been favourites. Makes for a more open festival though and I can only really see dead certs in Douvan and Altior.

On the subject of Douvan and Altior, 888 are doing a great new customer offer giving 16/1 for the double, £10 max bet and paid in free bets but for a tenner should give you £160 of free bets to put on for the Thursday and Friday.

Anyone else spotted any good deals with the bookies, or has a strong fancy in any of the races?

Oh and as a side note, what happened to uncle leo? he was always good value on these threads being in the gambling industry

Oh and as a side note, what happened to uncle leo? he was always good value on these threads being in the gambling industry

Still here, just lurking quietly, not posting so much!

Sky Bet are giving back money on losers for the first race every day. And remember bets over even money with them contribute towards the Sky Bet Club, where you can get a free fiver every week.

In terms of prices, I suspect the bookies will engage in a race to the bottom again next Tuesday, so keep the powder dry and see what they're giving away!

Thought with Cheltenham being 8 days away I'd start a thread.

A lot of the top horses out this year Annie Power, Thistlecrack, Faugheen, Min out and Valtour died. All would have been favourites. Makes for a more open festival though and I can only really see dead certs in Douvan and Altior.

On the subject of Douvan and Altior, 888 are doing a great new customer offer giving 16/1 for the double, £10 max bet and paid in free bets but for a tenner should give you £160 of free bets to put on for the Thursday and Friday.

Anyone else spotted any good deals with the bookies, or has a strong fancy in any of the races?

What makes this the world cup of jump racing is the fact that there are no dead certs. Agree with you, very open this year but expect Mullins to bag a few (now that is a dead cert :winking:)

Speculating a bit, but in the current Retail climate of Ladbrokes, Coral and Betfred lacking live video streams from some racecourses and taking bad hits to their racing turnover because of it, I can see some really aggressive retail offers come Tuesday. I imagine 12-1 will be a good time to take a lunch break next week!

Speculating a bit, but in the current Retail climate of Ladbrokes, Coral and Betfred lacking live video streams from some racecourses and taking bad hits to their racing turnover because of it, I can see some really aggressive retail offers come Tuesday. I imagine 12-1 will be a good time to take a lunch break next week!

Excellent point.

Haven't seen anything great pop up offers wise but perhaps that will change tomorrow?

The 888 double offer of 16/1 on the Altior and Douvan double was "withdrawn for business reasons" but luckily I got it on early. The £25 sky bet offer on the 1st race everyday (see uncle leo's post) is the best I think. Opened an account today and put £25 on Melon.

Can't wait for 13:30 tomorrow

Yeah I'm on the skybet offer with Melon, used a freebet on a Altior, Yanworth, Vroum Vroum Mag treble aswell.

Im also on Death Duty first race on Wednesday (did that before Neon Wolf was selected for that race).

Famous last words, but I cannot see Melon winning, I have gone ew on River Wylde and an interesting out side Elgin ew

Good luck everyone, I hope one of us come out smiling, going on Friday and cannot wait

Yeah I'm on the skybet offer with Melon, used a freebet on a Altior, Yanworth, Vroum Vroum Mag treble aswell.

Im also on Death Duty first race on Wednesday (did that before Neon Wolf was selected for that race).

Be interesting seeing River Wylde in first race today on form

Famous last words, but I cannot see Melon winning, I have gone ew on River Wylde and an interesting out side Elgin ew

Good luck everyone, I hope one of us come out smiling, going on Friday and cannot wait

I'm gutted I'm not going this year but it is an expensive day, unless you win. I'm sure you'll have a great day.

My bets for today are:

Melon
Royal Caviar ew (have the 888 double with Altior and Douvan as well)
Un temp pour tout ew
The new one ew
Limini
Champers on ice

also had a super yankee (26 x 50P =£13) on Melon, Altior, Un temp pour tout, Moon racer, Limini. Pays £3571

I've gone for the below. Good luck all!

1.30 - beyond conceit ew
2.10 - forest bihan ew
2.40 - the druids nephew ew
3.30 - yanworth
4.10 - limini
4.50 - tiger roll ew
5.30 - bun doran ew

I'm gutted I'm not going this year but it is an expensive day, unless you win. I'm sure you'll have a great day.

My bets for today are:

Melon
Royal Caviar ew (have the 888 double with Altior and Douvan as well)
Un temp pour tout ew
The new one ew
Limini
Champers on ice

also had a super yankee (26 x 50P =£13) on Melon, Altior, Un temp pour tout, Moon racer, Limini. Pays £3571

Corporate day out has been for many years, the roar as the horses start is something I never fail to get a shiver down the spine, do love to mingle in the crowds just for the atmosphere especially when an English and Irish horse are neck and neck up the hill

£ 1.00 ew lucky 15 for me are

River Wylde 1.30
Apples Jade 16.10
Abre de Vie 16.50
Foxtail Hill 17.30

cheltenham.jpg

To save any after time klaxons, I had that today.

So far yomorrow Neon Wolf after Death Duty pulled out and Might Bite.

Won £30 on Presenting Percy today. Picked it because my dog's called Percy. Just goes to show you should ignore form and tips and just pick the name you like the most. :thumbsup:

Back