• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Anyone going? Any ante-post tickets being tightly clutched in anticipation?

In answer to my own questions - (a) yes, on Gold Cup Day and (b) I've got Recession Proof at 16/1 (now around 10s) for the Supreme Novices Hurdle.

If you are going to be punting during the Festival, please bear in mind the ShrimperZone affiliates, who you can find on various signatures (detailed below). If you back a winner, fantastic. However, if you're unlucky enough to back a loser, ShrimperZone will get a small percentage of those losses, which all go towards Cricko's anti-ageing cream the maintenance of the site.

Ladbrokes - Uncle Leo
Boylesports - mcnasty
BetFred - Matt the Shrimp

More to come as new creative and offers come in from the bookies,

Yes. On the Thursday and Friday. In the Best Maite enclosure. No ante post. One rule don't back anything at less than 4-1

I don't know much about horse racing, but I've gone with Magen's Star ew at 18/1. Also followed a couple of you on here, backed Menorah win only at 4s. I've not chosen any others yet.

Gone with Bensalem in the handicap too, whereas Time for Rupert's my selection for tomorrow.

Nicholls gets his first winner on the board early with Al Ferof... Cue Card fourth, which I'm sure plenty of bookies will be happy to see.

What happened to Magen's Star? BBC live text said it was prominent, and no mention since...

What happened to Magen's Star? BBC live text said it was prominent, and no mention since...

13th. "tracked leader, led narrowly after 1st, headed 3rd, with leader, led again briefly before 3 out, soon ridden and weakened "

Don't suppose you've any idea what race Wishfull Thinking's likely to be running in? Couldn't see it confirmed anywhere...

7/2 jolly for the Jewson Novices Chase

First and a second, which has paid for today with some change, all going onto the 4:00

Back