• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheltenham Festival 2016

Put it this way - Rich Ricci wants to win the Champion Hurdle. His best chance lay with Faugheen but that's not happening. He's got another horse who could win the Mares' Hurdle (whoopee ****ing doo) but who also has a great chance of the Champion. He *has* to go for it with Annie Power doesn't he?

You'd think so, it'll mess up a lot of antepost bets, not mine thankfully

Another question for Leo, being the resident bookie!

Will there likely be much difference in price from backing Annie Power today for the champion hurdle or waiting until she may be supplemented? Is the price likely to be cut when she is certain to be entered?

Another question for Leo, being the resident bookie!

Will there likely be much difference in price from backing Annie Power today for the champion hurdle or waiting until she may be supplemented? Is the price likely to be cut when she is certain to be entered?

Well that race is non runner no bet across the board now so I don't think it'll make much difference. That said, the bookies will be queueing up to outdo each other come day one of the Festival. If she is still in the race, I imagine some will be offering even bigger odds, money back concessions if she comes second, etc. etc.

Interesting to note that she has drifted since the Faugheen news first broke though; available at 3/1 now.

Well that race is non runner no bet across the board now so I don't think it'll make much difference. That said, the bookies will be queueing up to outdo each other come day one of the Festival. If she is still in the race, I imagine some will be offering even bigger odds, money back concessions if she comes second, etc. etc.

Interesting to note that she has drifted since the Faugheen news first broke though; available at 3/1 now.

Notice vrooum vrooum mag is fav in the mares now, guessing that price is likely to drop if/when Annie Power goes in the champion hurdle?

Notice vrooum vrooum mag is fav in the mares now, guessing that price is likely to drop if/when Annie Power goes in the champion hurdle?

It certainly will. Just seen this tweet from Hills, sums up all the Annie Power options...

I'll hold fire on Annie Power until the day, Tempted to put a few quid on VVM but it'll have to wait until payday next friday

Shame about Faugheen I saw him at Kempton on Boxing day, very impressive to watch he just makes it look easy.

I'm training it to Cheltenham on Gold Cup day for the bargain price of £17 (one way, I'm getting a lift back)! Also got the same amount reduced of my ticket because I had rewards for racing points I hadn't used. Gonna be a long day but I can't wait! Now just to decide who to go for in the big one...

Shame about Faugheen I saw him at Kempton on Boxing day, very impressive to watch he just makes it look easy.

I'm training it to Cheltenham on Gold Cup day for the bargain price of £17 (one way, I'm getting a lift back)! Also got the same amount reduced of my ticket because I had rewards for racing points I hadn't used. Gonna be a long day but I can't wait! Now just to decide who to go for in the big one...

That's easy, Cue Card:winking:

Surely Annie Power will be supplemented in the Champion Hurdle now Mullins has lost Arctic Fire in that race too

Big fan of Rewards For Racing :thumbsup: My points paid for trips to Newmarket and Kempton last year.

Yeah saw that yesterday. The price of Vroum vroum mag in the mares has shortened too in the last few days so everything is pointing in that direction. Pretty sure i'll be going 4 x £50 trebles with Min, Douvan, VVM and Annie Power

Big fan of Rewards For Racing :thumbsup: My points paid for trips to Newmarket and Kempton last year.

Just got an email today after booking my Cheltenhamtickets last week and I have 485 rewards 4 racing points apparently, whichequates to £4.85. Noticed I can link my bet365 account too and get points onall my bets, looks good!

Just got an email today after booking my Cheltenhamtickets last week and I have 485 rewards 4 racing points apparently, whichequates to £4.85. Noticed I can link my bet365 account too and get points onall my bets, looks good!

Yeah, it's a really good scheme. I go through it for most of my online shopping now (although realised too late yesterday that they're in partnership with Legoland, so didn't get any points for my very expensive purchase there!)

Question for Leo, as I can't find the answer with google. Is there a deadline when trainers have to decide which race they are entering each horse? and if so do you know when?

Question for Leo, as I can't find the answer with google. Is there a deadline when trainers have to decide which race they are entering each horse? and if so do you know when?

48 hours is the final declaration stage. Any horses not entered at that stage ain't coming in!

Back