• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheltenham Festival 2016

Just backed Out Sam at 8/1 for the Ultima Handicap Chase on day one

Do you think it'll run in that? (obviously, silly question) I had out sam on my list for the Novices handicap last race 1st day. I really like Hollywell in the Ultima, one of my highlighted selections

Do you think it'll run in that? (obviously, silly question) I had out sam on my list for the Novices handicap last race 1st day. I really like Hollywell in the Ultima, one of my highlighted selections

Had a word from someone at a former employer. Made sure I got NRNB though! Holywell obviously deserves plenty of respect in that race.

Had a word from someone at a former employer. Made sure I got NRNB though! Holywell obviously deserves plenty of respect in that race.

12/1 on Holywell seems very generous too. Only a week to go! this time next week I'll be on my way to Cheltenham!

I'm finding it very hard to pick a gold cup horse, as you'd expect there is a lot of class in there! I like Don Poli, was thinking I might go ew on Valseur Lido though

Don't think Vautour will stay. Don Cossack Cheltenham form is questionable. Djakadam has proven he stays but think Don Poli will grind it out coming up the hill.. You can get Holywell at 50/1 NRMB in places (StanJames, BetVictor, Betfred etc.._)btw if you fancy him

edit ignore just noticed you were talking about a dif race.

Don't think Vautour will stay. Don Cossack Cheltenham form is questionable. Djakadam has proven he stays but think Don Poli will grind it out coming up the hill.. You can get Holywell at 50/1 NRMB in places (StanJames, BetVictor, Betfred etc.._)btw if you fancy him

edit ignore just noticed you were talking about a dif race.

Yeah I fancy Holywell for the Ultima, wouldn't fancy him for the gold cup. Pretty sure he'll run in the Ultima.

I wouldn't like to rule Vautour out. Interested to see which mount Brian Cooper chooses DC or DP? Think that will tell us a lot. Very tough race to call

Bet Bright seems to be offering 50/1 on any horse in the Supreme Novice Hurdle. I saw it as a new member offer but have since had an email as a member offering the same. Only bet they will accept is £1 and the £50 winnings comes in the form of free bets.

Only bet they will accept is £1 and the £50 winnings comes in the form of free bets.

Which will probably have ridiculous turnover requirements, i.e. bet that £50 three times before you can withdraw.

Good spot nonetheless, will have to look closer in to that one.

Which will probably have ridiculous turnover requirements, i.e. bet that £50 three times before you can withdraw.

Good spot nonetheless, will have to look closer in to that one.

Yeah and at odds better than 1.50 etc. I haven't used my 100% deposit bonus with bet365 yet so going to deposit £200 and get the code this weekend, spoke to customer services just so I was sure exactly what I needed to do to qualify. Thought that my best chance of turning it over enough times in 90 days was Cheltenham

You think she's good enough? Been a long time since a mare won this race. Will be getting on Vroum vroum mag for the mares now though

I won't be backing her that's for sure. Not saying she hasn't got a good chance but at the price? Nah.

I won't be backing her that's for sure. Not saying she hasn't got a good chance but at the price? Nah.

I've noticed the Mullins runners have all drifted a little on 365, I'm a sad so and so and have a spread sheet going for the trebles and doubles I might put on. Min and AP have both gone for 2.75 to 3 and VVM has gone from 1.80 to 1.83 Douvan has stayed steady at 1.36 though.

TuesdayStakereturns
Treble 1Min 3Douvan1.36VVM1.83£50373.32
Treble 2AP3Douvan1.36Min3£50612
Treble 3AP3Douvan1.36VVM1.83£50373.32
DoubleDouvan1.36VVM1.83£100248.88

Gone for a couple of Mullins trebles for day one:

Min - Douvan - AnniePower £10 win pays out about £120
Min - Douvan - NicholsCanyon £10 win pays out £270

I really think the hype on the Mullins horses is over the top, hasn't stopped me putting money on the trebles and double though I think it is fear of missing out if it happens and seeing everyone else celebrating at Cheltenham Tuesday and not being in on it. Douvan looks unbeatable and I like the look of Vroum Vroum Mag but Min is not well priced, Mullins said this of Min
"Therejust seems to have been an undercurrent of Min, Min, Min from that early stage,so his reputation is certainly bigger than what he's done. I hope he's as goodas his reputation but he has to go and do it yet and he hasn't done it. Fromwhat he's done at home you wouldn't believe he could be that short."

Annie Power has been run all season with the Mares in mind and now because of injuries she's been switched, don't think there is a lot of value with her either. I am on them all though and hopefully have it covered with a VVM & Douvan double

I really think the hype on the Mullins horses is over the top, hasn't stopped me putting money on the trebles and double though I think it is fear of missing out if it happens and seeing everyone else celebrating at Cheltenham Tuesday and not being in on it.

Fear of missing out is a big factor!

First Festival I went to was 2002. I had a very enjoyable day and a couple of winners ensured I was ahead* but my main memory is of feeling like the only person in the whole of Gloucestershire who hadn't backed Best Mate for the Gold Cup. Made worse by being very close to Davie 'Elephant Man' Dodds, who was also cheering Culloty and Mate home...

30.jpg

*Aftertiming yes, but this was 14 years ago!

Back