• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheltenham today

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
I've used my usual scattergun approach to picking horses under the re-assurance that I know nothing and don't expect anything. I'm going to be putting £2 on each of the following:

14:00 - Promising McCoy ridden Binocular to win @ 3.4 and Deep Purple to place at 5.7
14:35 - Long shot Scotsirish to place at 9.2 and Kruguyrova on the same market at 3.95
15:15 - I like the look of Straw Bear to place @ 6.8 and Sublimity to win @ 7.6
16:00 - An Accordion to place @ 3.85 and New Alco to win at 15
16:40 - Heads on the Ground to win @ 7 and Garde Champetre to place @ evs
17:20 - Silmi to win @ 190, I'll probably eat everyone's hats if that one comes in. Grand Schlem to place @ 3.9 and Ashkazar also to win @ 3.45

Gamble responsibly and bear in mind, I'm no expert. If these go well then technically I'm goign to call myself an expert!

bad start but Binocular was 1.6 in ply before Captain Cee Bee put on an amazing burst on the final stretch.

Not quite going to plan, I think I'm about -5% return on stake at the moment.

Gutted though as I've had three horses go odds on coming in the final straight only to fade away! New Alco was the most annoying in the 16:00.

I went to the races today with £40 came out with £200 odd. Pretty pleased with that until one of my mates won big on the last and ended up leaving £500 quid up the lucky bugger!

and today has been postponed

10 race card tomorrow, and 9 races on friday!!!

Crack Away Jack got me out of bother in the last yesterday but I still ended up about £10 down on the day. Good fun though and glad I decided to go yesterday rather than today :whistling:

sufcintheprem - met a fella from your firm on the train back and had a few pints with him. Terry Clark if I remember correctly. Do you know him?

Crack Away Jack got me out of bother in the last yesterday but I still ended up about £10 down on the day. Good fun though and glad I decided to go yesterday rather than today :whistling:

sufcintheprem - met a fella from your firm on the train back and had a few pints with him. Terry Clark if I remember correctly. Do you know him?

Just looked him up and I don't think I've spoken with him even though I used to work for his dept. Outlook shows that I've never e-mailed him (except for the time when I sent virtually the whole company my Rugby World Cup predictions (which fortunately did include France beating NZ :) ) )

Just looked him up and I don't think I've spoken with him even though I used to work for his dept. Outlook shows that I've never e-mailed him (except for the time when I sent virtually the whole company my Rugby World Cup predictions (which fortunately did include France beating NZ :) ) )

Your lot had a spot of cracking PR actually. The main pub by Cheltenham Spa station has been rebranded 'The Betfair Arms' for this week and all the staff are wearing Betfair t-shirts and hats. Very smart.

Your lot had a spot of cracking PR actually. The main pub by Cheltenham Spa station has been rebranded 'The Betfair Arms' for this week and all the staff are wearing Betfair t-shirts and hats. Very smart.

Seena few pictures of it actually. Seems that someone's finally decided that pretty women not wearing much may not be the be all and end all of festvial advertising! One of my mates is there al week over-seeing poker tournaments and generally entertaining and it sounds pretty good fun. Times like that I wish I was more externally focussed than internal although hopefully WSOPE should be a pretty good opportunity.

Back