• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Don't think one of these has been started yet, so I'll go first this week.

Difficult one as far as selection is concerned as, for the first time in a quarter of a year we've got to pick the team up from a defeat.

I expect to see Phillips and Timlin come straight back in, and personally I'd recall Morris too - not because Daniels played particularly badly on Tuesday but because he was only brought in to cover while Morris was injured and will not be staying beyond January so we need to affirm Morris in the role. That was difficult to do whilst we were winning but now we've been defeated I'd bring him back (remember the effect of keeping Neville Southall in the side had on Roycey?)

Therefore I'd go with the following:

------------Morris----------------

Clohessy Phillips Barker Gilbert

Mohsni Kalala Ferdinand Timlin

------Dickinson Hall------------

Subs: Daniels, Prosser, Grant, Sturrock, Harris

That formation could be a 4-5-1 with Dicko up front on his own or a 4-4-2 with either Mohsni or Hall joining him.

On a positive note, Cheltenham's top scorer, Duffy, is suspended tomorrow and there should also be a bumper crowd as stubs from tomorrow's tickets can be used to get priority for their FA Cup game at Spurs.

The ref for the game is Jock Waugh - look forward to Mick's assessment of him in due course, although I recall he sent Macca off at Hartlepool but also gave us a penalty in the 2-1 win at Accrington earlier this season.

Sadly duties at home prevent me from travelling, but I shall be listening out for you on BBC Essex/Blues Player

Don't think one of these has been started yet, so I'll go first this week.

Difficult one as far as selection is concerned as, for the first time in a quarter of a year we've got to pick the team up from a defeat.

I expect to see Phillips and Timlin come straight back in, and personally I'd recall Morris too - not because Daniels played particularly badly on Tuesday but because he was only brought in to cover while Morris was injured and will not be staying beyond January so we need to affirm Morris in the role. That was difficult to do whilst we were winning but now we've been defeated I'd bring him back (remember the effect of keeping Neville Southall in the side had on Roycey?)

Therefore I'd go with the following:

------------Morris----------------

Clohessy Phillips Barker Gilbert

Mohsni Kalala Ferdinand Timlin

------Dickinson Hall------------

Subs: Daniels, Prosser, Grant, Sturrock, Harris

That formation could be a 4-5-1 with Dicko up front on his own or a 4-4-2 with either Mohsni or Hall joining him.

On a positive note, Cheltenham's top scorer, Duffy, is suspended tomorrow and there should also be a bumper crowd as stubs from tomorrow's tickets can be used to get priority for their FA Cup game at Spurs.

The ref for the game is Jock Waugh - look forward to Mick's assessment of him in due course, although I recall he sent Macca off at Hartlepool but also gave us a penalty in the 2-1 win at Accrington earlier this season.

Sadly duties at home prevent me from travelling, but I shall be listening out for you on BBC Essex/Blues Player

Is his nickname Bannockburn?

Can see nothing but a defeat as we are three without a win and they are flying. Doom.

Mark Yeates has just won the "Manager Of The Month" award for November. Hopefully the curse strikes again

Well. We will see our mental strength today. Can we recover immediately? I'd take a point right now...

Difficult one to call, can we immediately bounce back from our first defeat in 18 games? Will Cheltenham choke in front of the biggest league crowd they've probably had for years? A draw would be a good result, 3 would be fantastic!

Come on you shrimpers!

Mark Yeates has just won the "Manager Of The Month" award for November. Hopefully the curse strikes again
Curse never struck us when Sturrock won, think it's been pretty vanquished this season. I'd probably be in favour of bringing Morris back now too, he's looked ok in warm ups and as he'll soon have to play, therefore I think he should be getting some match fitness...possibly a match early though in a 1st v 3rd encounter. Daniels for his last start then.

Got the team right on Tuesday but the positions wrong, so hopefully better today:

Daniels
Clohessy, Phillips, Barker, Gilbert
Hall, Timlin, Ferdinand, Grant
Mohnsi and Dicko

Subs: Morris, Prosser, Kalala, Harris and Blair

Tough call, but I think a draw is likely so I'll go for a 1-1.

Would take a point today but it sounds like they're up for it so I'm going for 2-1 win. Not sure today is the best day for Morris to come straight back in though...

can see this one being a draw as neither club will want to lose this one, think both sides would settle for the draw before hand.

Mohnsi and Dicko
I'd like to see this pairing in the future at some point. Would worry plenty of sides and give Halls crosses 2 good targets. I think he will go with the 4-5-1/4-3-3 which has proved incredibly effective away from home this season.

I'd like to see this pairing in the future at some point. Would worry plenty of sides and give Halls crosses 2 good targets. I think he will go with the 4-5-1/4-3-3 which has proved incredibly effective away from home this season.

They would certainly be a handful, very difficult to deal with, but Dickinson isn't actually very threatening from hall's crosses imo. Probably because of that ankle injury he has.

Yep I have also been calling for this for a while, the thing is this will further look towards long ball play me thinks, which will annoy the majority on here. But it should be very effective, both players are good with the ball at their feet too, so it could be a good combination, a good surprise to Cheltenham too, who have probably prepared to play against a big man/small man partnership.

Back