• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Cheltenham Town v Southend United, Tuesday 2nd March 19:00, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• James Montgomery

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 56 67.5%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 71 85.5%
  • John White

Votes: 73 88.0%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 75 90.4%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 75 90.4%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 68 81.9%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 71 85.5%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 50 60.2%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Alan McCormack

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 48 57.8%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

• Simeon Akinola

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 55 66.3%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 60 72.3%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Tyler Cordner

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Greg Halford

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Nile Ranger

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Jacob Mellis

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Michael Klass

• Harry Phillips

• Sam Hart

• Win

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Draw

• Lose

Votes: 25 30.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you think you aren't being continually disrespectful to Emile then that says a lot about you. We all have opinions on who should be in the team but everyone else manages to express those without personal insults.
But my opinion i
If you think you aren't being continually disrespectful to Emile then that says a lot about you. We all have opinions on who should be in the team but everyone else manages to express those without personal insults.
I mean no disrespect too young Emile but I dont think hes good enough for southend united, and he never looks like scoring! I wont be happy until another striker Is starting in front of him!!

Not sure about this signing!! Not even a league keeper!! What makes mm think hes better then seaden? And seaden knows now how much mm rates him !!
Because holmes should be the first name on the team sheet! I'm not disrespectful towards Emile I just think we have much better players in the squad and shouldn't be anywhere near the first team!! Goodship should be in front of aquah!! Its just my opinion and I'm entitled to it!! I'm not insulting anyone!!
oh yes u r !???

ANG seems more expensive than usual giving the ball away so much. Aquah doing ok I feel . Harassing and closing. Bit more urgency and sprinting maybe....
Holmes looks busy but not really seen anything from him other than one shot.
Long throws are very boring!
Hanford worries me. Looks way of the pace and seems to turn off, but it may be we have no options with the size of their team.
Keeper looks fine. Has settled down.
Hobson doing well in my opinion. Clifford looking solid. JD popping up all over the pitch.
White having another good game. Hope we get Sim on soonish.

We actually have a decent record at Cheltenham - won 4 of our last 5 visits and only lost 1 in last 10 league visits.

Having watched a couple of those from a seat in the old part of their main stand - the most uncomfortable seats in the country for any one taller than 5 ft - worst leg room ever! - I hope we stuff them again.

Always sit in that main stand.

When we won 3-0 there on the way to promotion, the ****s behind us clocked that we weren’t local. They filled Sandra’s hood full of stones ( we only discovered this at HT) and tried to get the stewards to throw us out of the ground.

My Gloucestershire burr fooled the stewards, we sat a couple of rows further forward in the second half and stuffed them.

A few years later we were sat there again when the game was abandoned because of a fire in their floodlights.

We were losing at the time but won the rearranged game.

We know how to live.

Always sit in that main stand.

When we won 3-0 there on the way to promotion, the ****s behind us clocked that we weren’t local. They filled Sandra’s hood full of stones ( we only discovered this at HT) and tried to get the stewards to throw us out of the ground.

My Gloucestershire burr fooled the stewards, we sat a couple of rows further forward in the second half and stuffed them.

A few years later we were sat there again when the game was abandoned because of a fire in their floodlights.

We were losing at the time but won the rearranged game.

We know how to live.

We found each other at half time in that 3-0 win I recall.

Back