• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Cheltenham Town v Southend United, Tuesday 2nd March 19:00, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• James Montgomery

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 56 67.5%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 71 85.5%
  • John White

Votes: 73 88.0%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 75 90.4%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 75 90.4%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 68 81.9%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 71 85.5%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 50 60.2%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Alan McCormack

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 48 57.8%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

• Simeon Akinola

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 55 66.3%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 60 72.3%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Tyler Cordner

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Greg Halford

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Nile Ranger

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Jacob Mellis

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Michael Klass

• Harry Phillips

• Sam Hart

• Win

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Draw

• Lose

Votes: 25 30.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think we'l see fresh legs in the middle tonight, probably JD and macca back. Hoping Sim is ok to play. I'm unsure why mellis isn't in the mix. Hearing he's fit enough.
Hearing Elvis could be injured too so suspect Hobson will have to go there.
Don't know what will happen about seadon. If he plays 1 or 2 more it presents some sort of issue. Suspect a loan keeper if possible, but who knows.
Prefer jd at right back than Hobson. I'm sure jd will be able to still do a job as right back.

I think he'll freshen it up tonight in the middle. Other changes may be enforced. But I certainly wouldn't upset the rhythm of the back 4.

Seaden

Elvis Hobson White Clifford

McCormack Demi Ferguson

Holmes Acquah RHF
The games are coming Tuesday-Saturday virtually every week until the end of the season. We have the depth now and it's going to be needed and that could give us a massive boost over the likes of Barrow and Grimsby who I wouldn't imagine have those strength in numbers.

We actually have a decent record at Cheltenham - won 4 of our last 5 visits and only lost 1 in last 10 league visits.

Having watched a couple of those from a seat in the old part of their main stand - the most uncomfortable seats in the country for any one taller than 5 ft - worst leg room ever! - I hope we stuff them again.

A tad anxious.
The news of Phillips's departure leaves only Seadon, right?
As good as that save was Saturday, he's been kept at bay by Ox, who himself has critics, not least at his non-dealing with crosses.
Bass went back to Pompey for treatment, so are we to expect a new loan announcement today, or see Hobson or Dieng between the posts (I'm thinking tall players) when Seadon goes off injured at half time?

Bass/Seadon
Elvis White Hobson Clifford
Demi
Fergie Dieng
RHF Acquah ANG​

I’d rather Taylor still in there but think he might be sacrificed for fresh legs and attempt to keep things tight with JD. May also allow Dieng to support the front more.

If Holmes is ready he could start instead of RHF but I suspect the youngster is still ‘fresher’ than Holmes even after the quick turnaround of games.

ANG in for Akinola if he’s not 100%, hopefully he’s ok enough to be on the bench for a 15/20 minute option.

Assuming also Olayinka isn’t ready yet?
So why did we sign holmes for if your picking rhf in front of him? Can u remind me again how many goals rhf has scored?

Reminder that it is a 7pm kick off. Just checked as I thought it was 7:45, but wanted to double check it wasn't 6pm. (yes I know it's on the thread title!)

What has it got to do with you??

I accept people have a different opinion, but have they not seen our last few games; so I'm genuinely interested in why they think Macca should start.

Well you sure have a funny way of seeking their response.....

Think we'l see fresh legs in the middle tonight, probably JD and macca back. Hoping Sim is ok to play. I'm unsure why mellis isn't in the mix. Hearing he's fit enough.
Hearing Elvis could be injured too so suspect Hobson will have to go there.
Don't know what will happen about seadon. If he plays 1 or 2 more it presents some sort of issue. Suspect a loan keeper if possible, but who knows.
Who do you hear these things from? Someone in the know?

Does Demitriou have the legs for RB anymore? I can see any winger with a bit of pace destroying him.

Howard's a RB, is he still training with the first team? If so he might be a better option.

So why did we sign holmes for if your picking rhf in front of him? Can u remind me again how many goals rhf has scored?
Happy for Holmes to start if he’s ready, but I literally put the reason why he may not within my post you replied to.

I trust, like you, he was signed to give us more options and depth of squad.

It’s funny, how Dieng is now a definite starter and one of the first names on the team sheet. He’s turning into Mr Reliable. Without knowing too much about how Cheltenham are set up I’d go for similar tactics/selection to FGR.
I’m assuming Sim Akinola is out.
Score?! I’d like to hope a win. But I’ll go for 1-1, Emile to get #2 of the season.

Seaden (Bass if fit)
Elvis - Hobson - White - Clifford
Ferguson
RHF - K Taylor - Dieng - ANG (or Holmes?)
Acquah
Shouldn't it
Since 2018 Ricky Holmes has scored 4 goals in 27 games, hardly prolific
Hasnt hardley played! Rhf has been playing and got 1 goal and never looks like scoring

Back