• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chess players wanted.

A couple of months ago i asked if anyone fancied taking me on via the Gameknot internet chess website. Since then I have enjoyed several excellent tussles with Greebosan ( he of the Hair ratings) . It would be great if a few more Shrimpers could join us with a view to arranging a tournament or mini -league. Don't be worried cos we're not that good (well i'm not ) & it's easy to play & is also free.
The website is Gameknot.com & My chess name is "pawncollector" - Greebosan is called "Greebosan" . If you find us via the players section of the site & issue either or both of us a challenge we'd be well chuffed, like.
Thank you.

I'll second that - it's great fun (well, if you like chess), and you play at your own pace - I think me and prawntobewild have currently played 6 games and it's 3 apeice so very even. Both our ratings seem to be hovering round the 1200 mark - ie the rating you start with so no need to worry about dazzling play. Having said that, my nickname did used to be 'Deep Blue', but let's not get into that now. :unsure:

I'll have a look guys, I play my computer a few times a day and I'm Kasparov one day and Zippo the lobotomised blind chess playing monkey the next.

You sound like our kind of player then - there are several other features such as board analysis where you plan your moves before you actually make them & a chess tactics facility that sets up scenarios that help you improve. I'd also like to add that before I joined i had zero chess knowledge & still can't play on a board properly so it really is an easy way to play.
There is also a chat section where you can talk about the game & congratulate your opponent through gritted teeth .Me and Greebo normally gas on about the blues although lately he has been fixated with hair styles. (or it may be Harry Styles- not too sure)
(PS you sound too good for me so challenge Greebo first).
If you don't mind putting your chess name on this thread I'll find you & issue a challange.
Cheers.

Back