• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chess

Pubey

I dunno if I'm the only chessnut on here but if there are others around, no doubt they will be on redhotpawn.com... i'm jonnypower, look me up if you fancy a game!

Jon

p.s.

1.e4 or 1.e5?...

I was hoping this would be a thread about the musical 'Chess' and in particular 'One night in Bangkok' popularised by Murray Head.

I dunno if I'm the only chessnut on here but if there are others around, no doubt they will be on redhotpawn.com... i'm jonnypower, look me up if you fancy a game!

Jon

p.s.

1.e4 or 1.e5?...

Gameknot.com is better if your into chess.. cough ahem er .. according to my Brother..

on the subject thres a good game called tactics arena which is like chess with weapons (I would just like to add the only reason that i played this game was because my maths lesson was boring and we had computers.)

Used to love playing chess... My Freddy style Swansea hatrick was beating a bloke at Seven Kings BR depot when I was 18 who had been unbeaten.... Haven't played against a human for ages though.

Gameknot.com is better if your into chess.. cough ahem er .. according to my Brother..

cheers mate, that looks good. and im much more into correspondence chess like that and redhotpawn instead of yahoo chess etc

Without wanting to sound dumb....but what makes one chess site better than others?? BTW I use yahoo chess if I play...

Without wanting to sound dumb....but what makes one chess site better than others?? BTW I use yahoo chess if I play...

well basically i play correspondence chess, so you can take weeks to finish a game because it is turn based and you can just play for a couple of minutes a day... yahoo chess is good but there are too many little sh*ts who just put their moves into a chess engine and whoop you.. and also i tend not to find 20mins to concentrate and play a game on yahoo

I play correspondence chess with a friend of mine who lives in holland, we use the free download software from here:

http://www.chessclub.com/

And for white to play 1.e5 as an opening move would require a king's pawn with a turbo-charger fitted methinks..

At gameknot you can set the the time limit on moves to as long as you want, you get a ranking based on the ranking of people you beat and have beaten you, so its easy to find players of similar skill.. there are tournaments to enter.
The graphics and website are very easy on the eye..

Back