• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chess!!!

Anyone on here play chess? - I started playing online about 18 months ago (I still can't really play that well on a board).
If anyone fancies a game I'm on a site called Gameknot & go by the name "Pawncollector" - (Yeah I know).
I have done ok against players of my own ability but soon get found out for the novice I am when I have a go against someone decent.
If you want to challenge me just follow the instructions - it's free & you can pack it in whenever you feel like it.
Cheers.
Ps I am not as my Gameknot profile says 88 years old but I do feel like it some days.

I used to play on gameknot a bit, but now play turn based Risk. I'm not very good at Chess really, but may well give you a game if I pick it up again.

I like my chess, play against my PC and think I'm not to shabby. I'll have a look......

One of those games that need to be played in person. My dad taught me, I taught my son. I'm no expert but I do enjoy it.

It absolutely doesn't need to be played in person, that's why online chess is so popular. It is best to learn the basics in person though

It absolutely doesn't need to be played in person, that's why online chess is so popular. It is best to learn the basics in person though

Agreed. 99% of my games have taken place vs a computer of some sort. My brother is the only one in the family who plays (who taught me), now he's in Brunei....and when I get the opportunity he gets whomped :winking:

I haven't played in years, might start up again! Little known fact about me, I finished 2nd in the Hamstel Junior School Chess Championship 1987!

Anyone on here play chess? - I started playing online about 18 months ago (I still can't really play that well on a board).
If anyone fancies a game I'm on a site called Gameknot & go by the name "Pawncollector" - (Yeah I know).
I have done ok against players of my own ability but soon get found out for the novice I am when I have a go against someone decent.
If you want to challenge me just follow the instructions - it's free & you can pack it in whenever you feel like it.
Cheers.
Ps I am not as my Gameknot profile says 88 years old but I do feel like it some days.

I've challenged you to a game; beware I'm utterly poop at Chess...

Thanks DBP - Have a good game - I move a bit slower at weekends but pick up a bit in the week - bit like real life really.

I used to play on gameknot a bit, but now play turn based Risk. I'm not very good at Chess really, but may well give you a game if I pick it up again.

Which site do you use? conquerclub.com is excellent for Risk IMO.

As to the chess - will sign up and give it a go - I use the hilariously named redhotpawn.com if anyone fancies a game on there - username is probably the same as on here

EDIT - challenged you to a game prawntobewild - good luck :thumbsup:

Thanks Greebosan - I think you will be at an advantage as my small brain usually only copes with one game at a time!

Right, have signed up to conquerclub using my SZ username.

Been a long time since I played Risk.

Just to add my own details - I'm on as greebosan on both Gameknot and conquerclub if anyone fancies a game. I'll probably go back to premium on CC in a while so if you fancy a game let me know and I'll reserve you a spot.

Just to add my own details - I'm on as greebosan on both Gameknot and conquerclub if anyone fancies a game. I'll probably go back to premium on CC in a while so if you fancy a game let me know and I'll reserve you a spot.

I missed out in that game Greebosan, and am maxed out gamewise at the moment. Will try and hook up soon though!

Cheers.

surely you should have used Pawntobewild?

Yes indeed i should 've - but i was on there before i was on here if you know what i mean -( and I am too stingy to pay for a name change on Gameknot).

Just want to make public that I have been soundly thrashed by Greebo & will probably meet the same fate against DWB. What do you expect? after all i'm 88 for gawds sake!

Back