• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarky_Blues

Manager
Went to today's game and I must say I am relived we came away with a point.

As the game kicked off the wind and rain really picked up. The Blues were playing in to the wind in the 1st half and Daryl struggled to get his goal kicks anywhere near the halfway line. As we all know Chester scored early doors (9 mins), Flavs made a great save and the rebound fell to Walsh who fired on target but what was strange was that Spinner was on the goal line and just watched the ball go in to the net without attempting to clear it - all very odd, Flavs just turned round and looked at Spinner in amazement. We seemed to be all over the place and could not get the ball down and play, partly to do with the wind and Chester really harrassing us (plus kicking lumps out of anyone).

On 38 mins I think it was Bentley who got brought down on edge of the Chester area and up stepped Marky Gower to curl a cracking "Beckham Esque" freekick in to the top corner of the Chester net, sending the 300 approx Shrimpers in to delight.

Second half the wind completely died down and the rain stopped so we did not have the advantage that Chester had in the 1st half. 50 mins and Chester broke away down the right a low cross was put in and they were queuing up to put the ball in the net - very poor defending.

Tilly introduced Bramble for Petts and he actually added a bit more down the flank. We should have had a penalty when Barrett was clearly wrestled to the ground by a Chester defender, once again no help from the ref and queue the chant of "we only get shít refs", highly amusing!

85 mins and Fredy pops up with an instinct finish, not that he knew much about it! 2-2. Gray who did not have the best of afternoons nearly snatched all 3 points in injury time with a rasping 20 yard effort that flew millimetres past the post - although he could have laid Eastwood in for a simple finish.

Cannot really say anyone stood out for the Shrimpers, I suppose Barrett and Bents were the only noticeable two performers. After going 2-1 down I am pleased to take a 2-2. Another point on the board plus Macc & Lincoln both lose. Southend now in 3rd place, lovely jubbly!

Racist taunts aimed at Hunt were appalling and even more infuriating the Chester stewards ignored the noises and said they were calling him a 'Donkey'. Good to see all the players sticking together and having a good go at the culprits at the final whistle.

Up the Shrimpers.

Thanks for the report. Did Chester win the toss? From the sound of it, if we had kicked with the wind in the first half we could well have won it by half time.

I was also at the game today not the best performance but
could turn out to be a crucial point with Freddie's late goal.
A good turn out from our fans not too sure how many made the trip but seemed to be a good 300 +. The other results
went our way today shame about Scunnies late winner though !!!.

After watching (and shivering - and not just at the weather) from the terrace I can say that I am pleased with a point. We were not at our best to say the least - why we can't carry our excellent home defensive record into our away performances is a touch disturbing - but Chester seemed to want to just either kick us or hoof the ball long for their forwards. The ref wasn't ever going to give us any decisions apart from those he couldn't ignore, and considering I was checking my phone towards the end resigned to a 2-1 defeat, Eastwood's late leveller (which looked a touch offside to me) sent me home relatively happy. The racism row involving Hunt at the end did sour things a touch, but as has already been said, good to see the whole team have a go on Hunt's behalf.
A good thing for us, too, that all the main contenders for the automatics struggled as well, with Scunny only winning in the last minute, and we end the day in third. It's all in our own hands now....
Bring on the Lincoln!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Clarky_Blues @ Mar. 05 2005,20:48)]Went to today's game and I must say I am relived we came away with a point.  

As the game kicked off the wind and rain really picked up.  The Blues were playing in to the wind in the 1st half and Daryl struggled to get his goal kicks anywhere near the halfway line. As we all know Chester scored early doors (9 mins), Flavs made a great save and the rebound fell to Walsh who fired on target but what was strange was that Spinner was on the goal line and just watched the ball go in to the net without attempting to clear it - all very odd, Flavs just turned round and looked at Spinner in amazement.  We seemed to be all over the place and could not get the ball down and play, partly to do with the wind and Chester really harrassing us (plus kicking lumps out of anyone).

On 38 mins I think it was Bentley who got brought down on edge of the Chester area and up stepped Marky Gower to curl a cracking "Beckham Esque" freekick in to the top corner of the Chester net, sending the 300 approx Shrimpers in to delight.

Second half the wind completely died down and the rain stopped so we did not have the advantage that Chester had in the 1st half.  50 mins and Chester broke away down the right a low cross was put in and they were queuing up to put the ball in the net - very poor defending.  

Tilly introduced Bramble for Petts and he actually added a bit more down the flank.  We should have had a penalty when Barrett was clearly wrestled to the ground by a Chester defender, once again no help from the ref and queue the chant of "we only get shít refs", highly amusing!  

85 mins and Fredy pops up with an instinct finish, not that he knew much about it!  2-2.  Gray who did not have the best of afternoons nearly snatched all 3 points in injury time with a rasping 20 yard effort that flew millimetres past the post - although he could have laid Eastwood in for a simple finish.

Cannot really say anyone stood out for the Shrimpers, I suppose Barrett and Bents were the only noticeable two performers.  After going 2-1 down I am pleased to take a 2-2.  Another point on the board plus Macc & Lincoln both lose.  Southend now in 3rd place, lovely jubbly!

Racist taunts aimed at Hunt were appalling and even more infuriating the Chester stewards ignored the noises and said they were calling him a 'Donkey'.  Good to see all the players sticking together and having a good go at the culprits at the final whistle.

Up the Shrimpers.
Right lets get one thing straight here ok, there was NO RACIST chanting aimed at any of your black players, i was sat not far from where someone shouted DONKEY and not monkey, and i also know one of the stewards who operate that east stand near the away fans and i was told the excact same thing after the game, so in future get your FACTS right before spouting crap ok.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 05 2005,22:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Clarky_Blues @ Mar. 05 2005,20:48)]Went to today's game and I must say I am relived we came away with a point.  

Up the Shrimpers.
Right lets get one thing straight here ok, there was NO RACIST chanting aimed at any of your black players, i was sat not far from where someone shouted DONKEY and not monkey, and i also know one of the stewards who operate that east stand near the away fans and i was told the excact same thing after the game, so in future get your FACTS right before spouting crap ok.
Whatever. I don't reckon Lewis would have reacted like that without provocation. I understand you want to defend your fellow fans but unitil YOU can establish definite facts - I'm sorry but hearsay or 'what you think you heard' does not qualify for this. I don't think anyone will be able to establish what was said but you should not dismiss it so readily just because your chum the steward said so

Your stewards were so rubbish anyway I'm surprised they can even talk. (well the ones by the away end were.)

I'd like to know how "ooh-ooh-ooh" sounds like "donkey" as this was also shouted.

If there's any crap being spouted, it was the Chester fans today. You've got the team, chairman and manager you deserve. Your whole club's a disgrace to football.

You're obviously spoiling for an argument but I never argue with fools or liars. I know which one you are so I'll leave it there.

Muppet.

Quite frankly disgusting and the steward i was having a rant and rave at was wearing a 'Let's kick racism out of football' badge. However he wasnt interested and kept saying that Hunt was being called a donkey. However i saw this man with my own eyes doing monkey impressions.

Chester Football Club are a disgrace to the rest of the 91 teams in English Professional Football.

Muppet

Just because we have a few sh*tty fans, who if this is true should be slaughtered doesn't mean all our fans are sh*t. I'll agree we have the chairman we deserve, he's the best thing that's happened to us for ages.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Right lets get one thing straight here ok, there was NO RACIST chanting aimed at any of your black players, i was sat not far from where someone shouted DONKEY and not monkey, and i also know one of the stewards who operate that east stand near the away fans and i was told the excact same thing after the game, so in future get your FACTS right before spouting crap ok.

What a load of rubbish!
Racist Scum!

What about one of your players throwing Robbie Foy off the pitch and into the barrier which has done his hand in after falling badly. And there was no racist comments aimed at Hunt he was clearly called a "DONKEY"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 06 2005,01:54)]What about one of your players throwing Robbie Foy off the pitch and into the barrier which has done his hand in after falling badly. And there was no racist comments aimed at Hunt he was clearly called a "DONKEY"
As the Ref pointed out he used his shoulder. Your player was a light weight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What about one of your players throwing Robbie Foy off the pitch and into the barrier which has done his hand in after falling badly. And there was no racist comments aimed at Hunt he was clearly called a "DONKEY"
Is that why in the car park after the game when I called your fans racist I had one chap come upto me and say sorry for the racist comments!! so your own fans admit it...

... So let me say again.....

Chester City F.C - Racist Scum

Also would it be possible for the trust to write a letter to Chester city football club and the FA
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 06 2005,09:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What about one of your players throwing Robbie Foy off the pitch and into the barrier which has done his hand in after falling badly. And there was no racist comments aimed at Hunt he was clearly called a "DONKEY"
Is that why in the car park after the game when I called your fans racist I had one chap come upto me and say sorry for the  racist comments!! so your own fans admit it...

... So let me say again.....

Chester City F.C - Racist Scum
Slight contradiction there to be fair mate. One of their fans apologised to you for the racist comments, so he obviously isn't a racist is he? To tar the whole club and all of it's supporters with the same brush isn't really fair. I for one would hate for every one of us to be thought of as bigoted scum because someone heard a racist comment made at Roots Hall (it does happen occasionally).

We chatted to a few Chester fans after the game in the Mills Hotel, and basically, one of the Chester lads shouted something, could have been donkey could have been monkey. He was reported at half time for racism, and at full time called Lewis a lying, (insert expletives here).

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Slight contradiction there to be fair mate. One of their fans apologised to you for the racist comments, so he obviously isn't a racist is he? To tar the whole club and all of it's supporters with the same brush isn't really fair. I for one would hate for every one of us to be thought of as bigoted scum because someone heard a racist comment made at Roots Hall (it does happen occasionally).
But I feel to tar a whole club with the same brush Is the best way to kick racisim out so that the actions of the few will then not be tollerated by the many

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back