• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]you think cockney gets
don't you mean you THICK cockney GITS

sorry sheep shagging only questions your sexuality not your race so really I could return the compliment by saying....
you THICK WELSH/NORTHERN/SCOUSE (take your pick) GITS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 06 2005,15:27)]I and I would like to think any Chester City fan would without reservation deplore any form of racism. We have a black player of our own Cortez Belle who received applause from the same section of stadia who are alleged to have chanted and until late had George Elokobi on loan from C********r United who went down very well with supporters.
This does remind me of Brent in the Office when he talks about his rendition of No Woman, No Cry by "the late great Bob Marley". In the scene he talks about how the "Office Black guy" thought the song was good.

Still, you're not going to racist chant at your own players.

Now, I wasn't at the game and I'm not going to talk about whether or not anything happened but:

-> Racism by one person, whilst inexcusable, is incredibly difficult to stamp out of football because it's almost unavoidable that there will be one member of the crowd with a very bigoted set of morals who gets overexcited.
-> You can't blame the whole crowd for one person's outburst. Someone should say something but when it's done it's done and you're not going to get the whole crowd confronting the offender.
-> IF it happened, the stewards absolutely should have done something.
-> You can always tell on a football pitch when something out of the ordinary happens by players reactions. I'm not sure our players would have reacted like they did unless they were certain of what happened and I can't really think of a time this has happened before.

This has all gone too far anyway. It's almost degenerated to a slanging match from both sides. If the players, as they seemed to be, knew the suspected racist by face, they can make an official complaint using CCTV to back up evidence.

If not, we should really stop speculating on this issue.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 06 2005,15:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]you think cockney gets
don't you mean you THICK cockney GITS

sorry sheep shagging only questions your sexuality not your race so really I could return the compliment by saying....
you THICK WELSH/NORTHERN/SCOUSE (take your pick) GITS

wink.gif
Ahem?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 06 2005,15:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ahem?

yes?
I think SUFCinthePrem has made the right call on this one, True Blue - time to stop the name calling before too many people get unnecesarily involved and upset.

Absolutely correct.
There has been no animosity between Southend and Chester before and I do not think that the actions of one / a tiny minority of fans, however bad it is, is a valid excuse for all this name-calling rubbish, and that goes for both sides.
Let's not make a mountain out of this one, lads.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 06 2005,15:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Finally, as someone who lives in Wales, I find it pretty predictable but still insulting that visiting fans continue to use the Welsh race as an object of fun in their chanting. It cuts both ways my friends.
to sing 'your welsh and you know you are' as you have just stated you are welsh so because sombody says your welsh your upset? whats wrong you ashamed to be welsh?
I said I lived in Wales. Appears that you not only have problems with your listening skills but also with your reading skills to.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 06 2005,15:39)]Being called a "sheep shagger" also counts as racist comments get out of that one you think cockney gets.
We're not cockneys we're southenders, la la la la, la la la la!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 06 2005,12:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Sad mate very sad indeed, i did have total respect for you lot but not anymore.
Like the respect I had for your supporters before some of them decided to become RACIST!
Out of interest, if you are so anti-racist, why did you used to have a picture of Nick Griffin, leader of the BNP, on your avatar together with a link to the BNP website?!

Are you having a laugh here or what?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]together with a link to the BNP website?!
Did not have a link at all

Secondly BNP on my avatar how does that make me racist! Just because I belive that BRITISH BORN PEOPLE! wether they are of asian or african decent should be put first BEFORE people wishing to move to this country for a better quality of life! get your facts straight!

This whole thing is so stupid. The guy in front of me at the Mansfield game hurled abuse at Asamoah based on the colour of his skin. By the logic used in this thread that must make all Southend fans scum. In fact theres been a few occasions this season where racist chanting or abuse has been heard at Roots Hall.

We should be more concerned with our own problems than taking pops at anyone else. People in glass houses and all that....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 06 2005,18:14)]This whole thing is so stupid. The guy in front of me at the Mansfield game hurled abuse at Asamoah based on the colour of his skin. By the logic used in this thread that must make all Southend fans scum. In fact theres been a few occasions this season where racist chanting or abuse has been heard at Roots Hall.

We should be more concerned with our own problems than taking pops at anyone else. People in glass houses and all that....
My point entirely.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a club free of morons who racially abuse players.

I would suggest we wait and see if the club take any action over it. It's not as though the players didn't make a point of it at the time after all.

Neither Chester City or Southend United are a racist club but unfortunately there will always be small number of idiots at every club. I'm sure that if there was racist abuse yesterday then the authorities at Chester City will take the neccesary action and deal with the individual involved, this will I'm sure be applauded by Chester and Southend fans alike. So why are we bickering?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Mar. 06 2005,18:21)]Neither Chester City or Southend United are a racist club but unfortunately there will always be small number of idiots at every club. I'm sure that if there was racist abuse yesterday then the authorities at Chester City will take the neccesary action and deal with the individual involved, this will I'm sure be applauded by Chester and Southend fans alike. So why are we bickering?
I think you need to ask trueblue on that but i agree with you totally.

I agree entirely however the saying " a rotten apple spoils the lot" is appropriate. Even though it may be only a certain number of fans that are the ones to blame these unless sorted will tarnish the name of their club. Something needs to be done about Saturday and the incident being left, shows that fancy black and white bands and t-shirts really mean nothing until real life examples are dealt with correctly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I agree entirely however the saying " a rotten apple spoils the lot" is appropriate. Even though it may be only a certain number of fans that are the ones to blame these unless sorted will tarnish the name of their club. Something needs to be done about Saturday and the incident being left, shows that fancy black and white bands and t-shirts really mean nothing until real life examples are dealt with correctly.
spot on

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 06 2005,17:17)]Secondly BNP on my avatar how does that make me racist! Just because I belive that BRITISH BORN PEOPLE! wether they are of asian or african decent should be put first BEFORE people wishing to move to this country for a better quality of life! get your facts straight!
You are so right, there is no evidence to suggest that the BNP are a racist organisation and as a BNP supporter you should be the first person to call others racist. After all, the BNP would wholy support your anti-racist stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back