• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Good Friday ...... good ref ? Wouldn't bank on it although I've never seen him live.

It will be the second youngest referee on the Football League List, in his second season. The 30 year old Ross Joyce from Elston, just outside Middlesbrough, has progressed from the Teeside youth leagues remarkably quickly.

By profession, he is the Referees Development Officer for the North Riding FA. The number of League Officials who actually work for the various county FAs seems to have increased dramatically in recent years. Favourable treatment from assessors or job interviewers ? Possibly.

He has refereed Southend twice before. Firstly the 2-0 defeat at Bradford City last season, when yellows were shown to O'Neill, Wordsworth and Timlin and one home player.

Then, rather more controversially, earlier this season for our hefty 4-0 defeat at Northampton when he sent off Demetriou for denying a less than obvious goal-scoring opportunity. The red card was subsequently rescinded. Also yellows for White and McLaughlin with none to the home players.

His "job" has enabled him to do a massive 40 games already this season, which have produced an even more massive 167 yellows and a highish 11 reds (10 to away players). Shame we're unlikely to see him do a home game.

Just before the start of his League career, he refereed the Conference Play Off final at Wembley in front of a crowd of over 47,000.

Assisting will be Matt Jones from Stafford and Gareth Mellor, a PE teacher from Leeds. Chris Akers from Armthorpe near Edenthorpe near Doncaster will be carrying out Fourth Official duties.

"Firstly the 2-0 defeat"...... "earlier this season for our hefty 4-0 defeat"

Ah ohh!! - never won a game with him in the middle, and conceded 6 goals, all away from home!! .... Could be disaster

He also gave a decision that led to Northampton's first goal. He gave a more than controversial hand ball against Thompson when he was only like a yard away and had the ball blasted at him. They scored from that free kick.

Everything seems to be against us at this time.

dosent sound to good to me ,and what with our defensive problems i can foresee us losing another defender,Demetriou be careful he may just want to get his revenge for your red card being rescinded last time .:smile:

Overall did a good job yesterday, but missed the Chesterfield handball from our cross in their area second half as did the lino and a lot of us but to me and a few around me it was a deffo. The red was a red and the pen a pen. 7/10.

Don't know what GC was whinging about.

Definite Red. Worse than Lenny's against Oldham.

Back