• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ben looks like he's about to be beamed up by the Starship Enterprise in that pic. :omg:

I'm sure these things are run by kids with no training in how to act responsibly who think it's just #massivebantz

Yes agreed but even kids should know what is acceptable. Imagine Chesterfield took part in the recent anti-bullying campaign and then to do this is just a bit poor form. Sure Ben does give monkeys in reality.

I know Tom Biggs, our former Media Manager saw it, and tweeted that he thought it was pretty unprofessional. I responded to the tweet and told them to leave our Ben alone!

Ben has our support

I was in the main stand last night. The first time Ben left the bench they all started, as if pre planned and it was more than just 'banter'. Far worse than Millwall, in fact it some of the comments had a nasty edge about them. If he was black or Gay would the abuse be allowed.....obviously not so why should he have to shrug it off as just 'harmless fun'

I was talking to a fellow shrimper a few weeks ago who is really good friends with Ben. I don't know Ben personally So I hope he won't mind me posting part of our conversation. He told me that Barry Corr had presented Ben with his Wembley shirt framed and signed. This was for all the extra hours Ben had spent seeing him through his injuries. I quote " Barry thinks Ben helped save his career".

So thanks Ben...Keep up the good work and ignore the idiots. You have plenty of friends amongst us shrimpers

I totally echo your sentiments Rigsby, the guy is absolutely pure diamond as BBBC proved and we already knew.

Yep agreed, the players and staff I have spoken to down the years rave about Ben's expertise and we are lucky to still have him at the club. What makes it better is that he is a lifelong shrimper.

It'TE=Massimo Giovanni;1798295]He is obviously well loved and respected by the players and management with us, top top bloke.[/QUOTE]
Ben is a top fella! I'm sure he feels it could be worse and be female at Chelsea!
It's not the fans you have to worry about there.

Yep, Top bloke, top draw, has my support.

Now Ben, i have this liitle niggle in my lower back, can you help.

Good Luck to Yer,

Snr.

He's a good lad is Ben, takes all the normal banter in good part but, if it hasn't been done already, I think Chesterfield need to make a public apology, not just a tweet directly to him.

It's unprofessional but if we're talking about unprofessionalism on Twitter accounts here's your winner... or loser!

That's hardly the same level though is it? Silly, yes, unprofessional? I don't think so, just a harmless bit of attempted humour.

He's a good lad is Ben, takes all the normal banter in good part but, if it hasn't been done already, I think Chesterfield need to make a public apology, not just a tweet directly to him.

LOL. It was a public apology, and it was directed at him, which is the right thing to do.

How many times down the years has an injured player mentioned Ben, and all his hard work getting that player fit again? From what I have heard, Ben goes far and beyond the call of duty. He's probably the best we have ever had. I hope he stays with us for a very long time.

I presume we won't be taking the mickey of people with a fuller physique then - such as the new Leeds United manager for instance?

That's hardly the same level though is it? Silly, yes, unprofessional? I don't think so, just a harmless bit of attempted humour.

If your job is to raise the profile of the club and all you do is make them look like a joke, then that's probably defined as unprofessional.

Back