• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Poor old William Foulke, those nasty football supporters in Sheffield and even those cricket fans of Derbyshire called him "Fatty". It must have been heartbreaking for him, and all just because he weighed 24 stone. Think how much better a player he would have been if he didn't have to suffer that emotional trauma.

Seven pages of largely sanctimonious claptrap in my opinion.

Fans banter is something we give and receive occasionally,but one of our own members of staff on an official club Twitter getting insulted is not good,shame on you Chesterfield.:thumbdown:

It's unprofessional and in poor taste but not worthy of a sacking, sit down.

I agree.

Noel Hunt's comments were clearly in the heat of the moment and he hasn't considered that as an employee he represents the club when he posts on his verified twitter account. Calling for him to be sacked for having a go at an employee of another club is a massive overreaction.

A reminder of the club's social media policy and a lesson in how to use spell-checker should be sufficient.

I agree.

Noel Hunt's comments were clearly in the heat of the moment and he hasn't considered that as an employee he represents the club when he posts on his verified twitter account. Calling for him to be sacked for having a go at an employee of another club is a massive overreaction.

A reminder of the club's social media policy and a lesson in how to use spell-checker should be sufficient.

So say on your work page u called another client fat u would expect only a warning!? I doubt it. Sacked on the spot for not understanding social media and the effects it has

Just to clarify, at no point did Noel Hunt say the Chesterfield bloke should be sacked. That came from here.

So say on your work page u called another client fat u would expect only a warning!? I doubt it. Sacked on the spot for not understanding social media and the effects it has

He's not a client and they didn't literally call him fat. That example doesn't work at all and this is all a mountain out of a molehill IMO.

Ben knows we love him and this is probably water off a duck's back for him

He's not a client and they didn't literally call him fat. That example doesn't work at all and this is all a mountain out of a molehill IMO.

Ben knows we love him and this is probably water off a duck's back for him

And there the rest of us were trying to play down the waddling part of the tweet, and you bring ducks into it!

Any comments made about an individual whether it is consider banter or not that, causes distress to an individual (whether that distress is viable to others or not) should and must not be tolerated.

I have to agree with this. People take things differently and some people with less thick skin could take any remark towards themselves quite badly. I hope Ben didn't, we all know he does wonders at the club and a lot of players think highly of him.

Sadly we're living in a world of social media (twitter, facebook, shrimperzone eg eg) where anyone can have an attack on another person without thinking about that person and how they'll take is from mentality point of view.

Thankfully I only use shrimperzone as a form of debate and conversation about our club and have no interest in these other sites. All I ask is that people think before they publicly come out with hurtful remarks towards others, not knowing how that remark may have towards the other person it's directed towards.

What a pathetic comment

Black, white, asian, straight, gay, fat or thin... Discrimination is discrimination

and for a club's official account to tweet is an absolute disgrace, deserved sacking on the spot

I totally understand you're upset by the remarks made and so am I but I wouldn't want to see someone sacked for it. I slap on the wrist and more importantly re-education of the individual concerned would be enough.

They did apologise which in life (we all makes mistakes) show's a sign of respect and acceptance they should have thought first before posting such comments.

Back