• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gman

Hello everyone

I am new to the Shrimperzone but i have been a fan for over 30 years. I currently live in Chesterfield and own a pub. It would be nice if some fans could come and meet up before the game and have a drink or a bite to eat. i am getting quite a bit of stick from the Spirerite fans who unfortunately have got off to a good start. We are about 8 minutes away from the ground by car, and are just 20 secs off the M1 junc 29a. If anyone wants to met up before the match I can arrange some all day breakfasts or snacks, whatever anyone wants.

It will be nice to get one over on the locals. Don't get me wrong they are all good people and always make away fans feel welcome. We have two stewards who are regulars and they have in the past got away supporters me for nothing. They are a bit smug at the moment as they are unbeaten and need a reality check....maybe Saturday?

The pub is the Duckmanton Hotel S44 5HF.

Everyone is most welcome. Hope to see you on the day.

Gman

Welcome.

Well, they (the Spirites) had a bit of a reality check during the winter last year when we won 1-0 against the run of the game and the goal celebrations warmed all our cockles amongst the freezing conditions.

Could be a good old game ........... but equally could be a 0-0 draw bore!

I generally go by train ........ so won't be popping out to the M1 - but all the best. :thumbsup:

Hi Gman, welcome to the zone.

I live in Sheffield, and was looking forward to nipping down the A61 but I don't think I'll be in town this weekend unfortunately.

Will have to pop in when in the area!

Pubes

Welcome.

Well, they (the Spirites) had a bit of a reality check during the winter last year when we won 1-0 against the run of the game and the goal celebrations warmed all our cockles amongst the freezing conditions.

Could be a good old game ........... but equally could be a 0-0 draw bore!

I generally go by train ........ so won't be popping out to the M1 - but all the best. :thumbsup:

That was such a good smash'n'grab. The snow diving celebrations were excellent. One of the few league highlights from last season (Rotherham also stands out for me).

Let's make it 4 out of 4!

I can't go, but it would be great if those who do could support a shrimper in exile and engage in some friendly banter with some spireites. I went to the old ground and it was good fun (if a fire hazard) and I'm a bit nervous about getting anything this time. Who knows. But we should support shrimpers anywhere - and even if this guy isn't a shrimper but is on the make, at least he deserves points for effort. Come on lads - try out this pub and make some new friends for the shrimpers army!

Hello all, my son and I have just decided to go on Saturday. We live in Kingston Upon Thames and will be driving but leaving quite early (between 6 or 7am), as I've got another errand to run enroute for the Missus. (thats my penance for her allowing me to go!). Happy to give a lift to 2 or 3 others for a small donation towards the fuel. I know there are a fair few Shrimpers in and around the Surrey area who might wish to go.

Hello all, my son and I have just decided to go on Saturday. We live in Kingston Upon Thames and will be driving but leaving quite early (between 6 or 7am), as I've got another errand to run enroute for the Missus. (thats my penance for her allowing me to go!). Happy to give a lift to 2 or 3 others for a small donation towards the fuel. I know there are a fair few Shrimpers in and around the Surrey area who might wish to go.

Wish I had time to get a ticket now, only live round the corner in New Malden lol.

Away tickets are bought from a small office near the turnstiles into the away end.

You'll get service with a grimace!!!

Gman

Looking to make the trip with my son too (and we're only 20 minutes south of you). Just trying to get my head round 6am/7am leaving time, I think I like my sleep too much!!

I've sent you a PM with my number mate.

Looking to make the trip with my son too (and we're only 20 minutes south of you). Just trying to get my head round 6am/7am leaving time, I think I like my sleep too much!!
Sorry but have to go to Leeds in the morning but happy to drop any passengers off in Chesterfield on the way and then meet up with them again at the game. But we will also be going to the home game on 7 Sep if that's any use for you.

Back