• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Starting 11 for Chesterfield

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whats the parking like up there chaps? Looks like there is a Tescos close by which might be a plan. Can anybody confirm?

Tesco is a no-go:

Leave the M1 at Junction 29 and take the A617 towards Chesterfield. At the end of the dual carriageway at the edge of the town centre, turn right onto the A61 towards Sheffield. At the first roundabout turn left and the stadium is down on the right. For the main entrance turn right into Sheffield Road and then right again into the Club car park. However the club car park is for permit holders only. There is nearby street parking available on side roads off the Sheffield road, if you arrive early enough. Don't think about parking in the nearby Tesco store, as the car park is patrolled on matchdays and you may end up having your car towed away

From http://www.footballgroundguide.com/

Tesco is a no-go:

Leave the M1 at Junction 29 and take the A617 towards Chesterfield. At the end of the dual carriageway at the edge of the town centre, turn right onto the A61 towards Sheffield. At the first roundabout turn left and the stadium is down on the right. For the main entrance turn right into Sheffield Road and then right again into the Club car park. However the club car park is for permit holders only. There is nearby street parking available on side roads off the Sheffield road, if you arrive early enough. Don't think about parking in the nearby Tesco store, as the car park is patrolled on matchdays and you may end up having your car towed away

Thanks for the tip.

Tesco is a no-go:

Good post and good advice. Last time I went and it was a day time match I walked from the train station but I could see that it was nightmare city in the local area with the car traffic. I would say park as far away as your legs allow and walk it. If you are lucky it might be that by the time you return to the car you will have missed most of the aggravation.

I'm going to Chesterfield and I'm hoping we give a better account for ourselves than we did at Charlton which I thought was terrible.

Its looks like we'll have a Wordy back which is big and if we can get a win and then have Lenny straight back in we will look a lot stronger against MK.

Hopefully Ranger will be ok and back ASAP as well.

3 points at Chesterfield; Ranger, Wordy and Lenny back and suddenly the sky is turning blue and the future is bright.

Hash tag: Fingerscrossed

3 points at Chesterfield; Ranger, Wordy and Lenny back and suddenly the sky is turning blue and the future is bright.

Hash tag: Fingerscrossed
Lenny still suspended:winking:

Yes, I realise - but note the use of the semi-colon after "Chesterfield" which was supposed to divide the first part (the 3 points) from the second part (players back fit/available).

Ups & Downs: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39299382

According to this, we can help relegate Chesterfield if they fail to take maximum points and other results go against them.

Big big day for them then ........... that could make them play out of their skins for Division 3 survival or they (the Chesterfield team) and the Chesterfield fans might be nervous and hesitant.

Been thinking today ( not my strong point , but thought I'd give it a go ).

Now I do understand that 3 of our games are against teams fighting for their lives in this division , so they will bust the proverbial gut.
At the end of the season it's far better to play teams in mid table with one eye on the beach in Majorca ( a few years back Arsenal needed Spurs to win at Man U on the last day and I'm sure I saw Ginola playing in flip-flops with a plane ticket in his pocket - anyway , you get the point ).

However my friends , I put it to you that we are FAR better than the 4 teams we play , so should forget everything - the nerves , the injuries , the suspension and go out and just take it to them - all 4 of them - and get 12 points that would see us enter the play offs as the team to fear.

We Arent strong enough for the Championship but we do have a team that had largely brought some of the ' feel good' factor back this season.

Let's all take a deep breath and all believe , because we definitely have the players to blow away the next 4 teams we play !

THE END

Been thinking today ( not my strong point , but thought I'd give it a go ).

Now I do understand that 3 of our games are against teams fighting for their lives in this division , so they will bust the proverbial gut.
At the end of the season it's far better to play teams in mid table with one eye on the beach in Majorca ( a few years back Arsenal needed Spurs to win at Man U on the last day and I'm sure I saw Ginola playing in flip-flops with a plane ticket in his pocket - anyway , you get the point ).

However my friends , I put it to you that we are FAR better than the 4 teams we play , so should forget everything - the nerves , the injuries , the suspension and go out and just take it to them - all 4 of them - and get 12 points that would see us enter the play offs as the team to fear.

We Arent strong enough for the Championship but we do have a team that had largely brought some of the ' feel good' factor back this season.

Let's all take a deep breath and all believe , because we definitely have the players to blow away the next 4 teams we play !

THE END

Ordinarily I would agree - 12 points are possible but 2 things sit at the back of my mind causing some nerves. The first is that players (and fans) can go to pieces under this sort of pressure and Brown's Southend teams have a habit of going on poor runs. Sorry .............. but better to say it than not.

Hash tag: Besttobepositiveoverall

Ordinarily I would agree - 12 points are possible but 2 things sit at the back of my mind causing some nerves. The first is that players (and fans) can go to pieces under this sort of pressure and Brown's Southend teams have a habit of going on poor runs. Sorry .............. but better to say it than not.

Hash tag: Besttobepositiveoverall

I appreciate your honesty Rattus , but it's making me sad ...

1 person has gone with a team that doesn't include a keeper!

Yep, it's all out for the win! :cool:

Looks like Tokyo Blue didnt quite understand the poll, voted for the last 11 names, obviously not including a goalie.
There is actually now 4 people that have decided to go for rush goalie!! :nope:

Looks like Tokyo Blue didnt quite understand the poll, voted for the last 11 names, obviously not including a goalie.

No probs - I'll take a couple of jumpers along just in case they're needed for the game. :happy:

Tokyo Blue also voted for Nouble so he's definitely confused.com

Back