• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Starting 11 for Chesterfield

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Getting this up a bit early as I've bunged a poll into the thread as well. Vote for your preference of starting eleven. I'm assuming that Ranger, White and Woody will be fit by the way, hence their inclusion. I doubt we will have 2.5k away fans for this game, but ye Gods, it is a seriously important game at this time in the season so a fair few will still go I would think. I know Bexon is missing but I could only have 20 lines.

Can't imagine Coker will be fit and would rather save Ranger for MK Dons if he's nearly fit which could be a doubt. Assuming that Woody and White are, I'd go with them.

Walton,
Demetriou, Thompson, Ferdinand, White,
Atkinson, Timlin, Wordsworth, McLaughlin,
Cox, Fortune

Have Robinson as an impact sub.

Massive game and must win for us I think, but they're fighting for their lives and it could be tough.

Although I've voted, IMO this poll is a bit pointless really. All we can vote on is the team we'd pick if everyone was fit. Whilst I hope that's the case, it's a guessing game, who's to know who PB has to choose from on Friday. :unsure:

I think Robinson is a better sub after 60 minutes than a starter. I would also start with Fortune and bring RAnger on after 60, due to his fitness.

This is a must win. Chesterfield are all but gone and if we can't beat a team facing relegation by a bit then we don't deserve the po's.

Walton
Demetriou, Thompson, Ferdinand, White
Atkinson, Timlin, Wordsworth, McLaughlin
Cox, Ranger if fit, if not then Fortunè

I quite like the new Chesterfield Sheffield Road ground - although (like all of these new ones) they are really very similar. Good pitch and good away stand.

Quite a good ground to get to by train - there is a walk from the train station/town centre but that's not so bad because that is where there are a number of good pubs.

We have had some memorable games there in recent years - the single goal by Tomlin with snow all around, the very close game that we ended up losing 1-0 from a late header and then we were thumped there 3-0 only last season.

They don't have any players that I am particularly aware of except for Ched Evans who doesn't seem to be in their side.

Well worth considering a visit to the Spirites to support the lads I would say. :thumbsup:

Ched Evans is out with a heel injury apparently, Hopefully he wont be ready in time for our game.

Another notable player on their books that some people might remember is Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, he's getting on a bit now, but was a cracking player back in the day, he was awarded "Championship Player Of The Year" as well as winning "Goal of the season" in 2009 when he played for Wolves.

if all were fit I would have:

Walton,
White, Thompson, Ferdinand,
Demetriou, Wordsworth, Timlin, Coker,
Cox
Fortune, Ranger

but I dont think all would be fit so:

Walton,
Demetriou, Thompson, Ferdinand, Timlin,
Robinson Atkinson,Wordsworth, McGlashen,
Cox, Fortune

How about Demi in front of White? Ranger and Wordsworth back to link up with the Cypriot?

Unless Coker is fit, then;

Walton
White Thompson Ferdinand Kyprianou
Demetriou Wordsworth Timlin Atkinson
Ranger Cox

Kid Goalie, Amos, Bridge, McLaughlin, McGlashan, Hines, MAF

Risky huh?

How about Demi in front of White? Ranger and Wordsworth back to link up with the Cypriot?

Unless Coker is fit, then;

Walton
White Thompson Ferdinand Kyprianou
Demetriou Wordsworth Timlin Atkinson
Ranger Cox

Kid Goalie, Amos, Bridge, McLaughlin, McGlashan, Hines, MAF

Risky huh?

This is sort of what I would go for, but Demi at RB and Macca in front of him. Or with MAF up front if Ranger isn't fit. Other option is Timlin at LB and Atkinson in the middle with Robinson out wide.

Don't think White will be fit.

First team gives more options from the bench.

We are all screwed if Woody is out though.

Walton
Demetriou (as no other option, but should be dropped after Charlton performance); Thompson; Ferdinand; White
Atkinson; Wordsworth; Timlin; Robinson
Cox; Ranger

I've gone for Robinson to provide the width as I think McLaughlin was poor on Saturday, could just as easily be McGlashan but I think Robinson is probably stronger.

Walton
White , Thompson , Ferdinand , O'Neil
Atkinson , Timlin , Wordsworth , Robinson
Ranger , Cox

Bexon , Demitriou , Fortune , McLaughlin , McGashan , Amos , Moody

It's simple. If we lose this game we may as well start planning for life in league 1 next term.

Chesterfield are woeful. We must play the strongest team available. If ranger is fit he must play. If he is only 75% fit he must play. If he doesn't play then MAF must start. We now need a minimum of 7 points from 4 games. Win this and at least a draw against a resurgent MK dons will leave us in good shape going into the final 2.

Never dull at southend united.

Back