• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
PB mentioned in his interview that he's got a Chief Scout/Head of Recruitment joining the club in a couple of weeks time with 15 years experience and lots of contacts at all levels of the game.

Anyone got any idea who it is? I'm guessing someone he's worked closely with before.

And before anyone even jokes about it being the Chief Scout, Bear Grylls (or Peter Duncan, or Baden Powell) then this was meant to be a serious thread in the dead time that is the close season!!!

Bob Shaw sounds like a good shout, although this article says he's been involved for 30 years!

http://www.oxford.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=67106

Worked with Brown a lot before.

Interesting article you dug up there Napster - I hadn't realised Brown had come so close to managing Hartlepool last season. I dug up another article from When Saturday Comes - have to say the second comment on the article made me chuckle!

Really, the only club that would be right for the likes of Phil Brown is one where the chairman has relegated himself to "Public Enemy #1" status, has no intention of leaving, and needs someone else for the fans to hate even more.

Sounds like Ron Martin might be a WSC reader then!!!

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1154-november-2012/9167-phil-brown-would-have-been-wrong-for-hartlepool

Could be Steve Parkin then. Used to coach alongside Horton. Currently assistant to Parkinson but might jump ship?

Could be - just as long as he doesn't recruit his goalkeeping coach from that season! :nope:

Manager: Phil Brown
Assistant Manager: Brian Horton
First Team Coach: Steve Parkin
Goalkeeping Coach: Mark Prudhoe
Fitness Coordinator: Sean Rush
Under-23 Development Coach: Trevor Morgan
Head of Youth: Billy Russell
Youth Recruitment Officer: Neil Mann
Chief Scout: Bob Shaw

I think Brown had a conversation or two with Mark Prudhoe,before becoming manager.It wouldnt surprise me if Pruds was to become the goalkeeping coach in due course.Currently as Sunderland's goalkeeper coach.

Not the same Mark Prudhoe who IIRC at an away fixture some years ago (Barnet?) commited a foul or was injured and had the Southend faithful shouting off off off to their own keeper? This after a particulary woeful display asI recall.

Not the same Mark Prudhoe who IIRC at an away fixture some years ago (Barnet?) commited a foul or was injured and had the Southend faithful shouting off off off to their own keeper? This after a particulary woeful display asI recall.

Southend fans abusing their own keeper? Never in a million years!!

Does this indicate that PB is out of touch with players at Division 2 level?

it indicates that Phil is very busy on Radio 5 and we are so lush in cash we can afford a staff of 27 to support him ...

alternatively they could the zone 20 quid and we will tell him what he needs to know

OR there again theres that bloke on Canvey who can get a team playing for no money

it indicates that Phil is very busy on Radio 5 and we are so lush in cash we can afford a staff of 27 to support him ...

alternatively they could the zone 20 quid and we will tell him what he needs to know

OR there again theres that bloke on Canvey who can get a team playing for no money
Off topic like your post.Loved P.Sturrock.P Brown is here ,training pitches and facilities at boots and laces being revamped.Roots Hall being relaid,coaching staff etc
being improved.I reckon we are on the way up ......The bloke from canvey did well with no money unfortunately when he had some he cocked it up,the new boss has been there.CMON NEXT SEASON CHAMPIONS

No, it was the Mark Prudoe who, at Barnet, had such a disastrous first half (letting two goals slip through his wildly flapping hands) that he was substituted by Mel Capleton at half time.

Back