• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chilcot Enquiry

This must be the end for Teflon Tony, surely his credibility as a person who can be trusted went 10 years ago BUT the media and too many Labour politicos seem to keep going soft on him.

Teflon Tony will walk away from this using the same load of cobblers he's been using the last 10 years or so. Plausible deniability. I thought this, the evidence suggested that, I was advised this, in hindsight that. He's the master political tactician and a consummate liar. His moral compass is so far out of kilter I'm surprised he can find his way out of a toilet.

Teflon Tony will walk away from this using the same load of cobblers he's been using the last 10 years or so. Plausible deniability. I thought this, the evidence suggested that, I was advised this, in hindsight that. He's the master political tactician and a consummate liar. His moral compass is so far out of kilter I'm surprised he can find his way out of a toilet.

Plus the evil she-devil spouse who will have advised him exactly how to get off!

Blair has just been taken to Sketchleys. **** should face charges now

Having just read the summery of the reports critical and key points it's crystal clear that although it plainly substantiates what many of us have known for years it doesn't actually lay the blame for any of the failings highlighted in the report to any one person for accountability. As I said in an earlier post Teflon Tony knows damn well that he has numerous get out clauses at his disposal whereby he can blame others, blame government departments, blame communication breakdowns etc etc. He may have gone on record again saying he still takes full responsibility for his actions and their outcomes but that actually means sweet sod all when the actual report we had all been hoping for to bring some sort of accountability to the whole sorry saga does nothing of the sort and doesn't apportion blame to any one person or government department head.

There appears to be a very restrained reaction to this report. While the report is not a revelation or surprise IMO Blair and co seem to be escaping very lightly over it all.
The BBC went to town in an anti Leave frenzy but this is a bit of a "go easy on Tone" slant.
Would the BBC and others in the media give other people such a passive bit of reporting?
Finally I have knowledge that reporter Jeremy Bowen (top bloke at BBC IMO) is quite angry about all the middle east/ handling of it; BUT he doesn't get much air time at present: coincidence or part conspiracy/favours being repaid?:angry:

Last edited:
What Blair said to Bush should be damning enough but I doubt he will be going to The Hague anytime soon. Watch how many army personnel get something pinned on them.

"And the Pinnochio Award for Acting out Remorse in Politics goes to Blair" should have been said on the news.

#helieswhenheopenshismouth

Having just read the summery of the reports critical and key points it's crystal clear that although it plainly substantiates what many of us have known for years it doesn't actually lay the blame for any of the failings highlighted in the report to any one person for accountability. As I said in an earlier post Teflon Tony knows damn well that he has numerous get out clauses at his disposal whereby he can blame others, blame government departments, blame communication breakdowns etc etc. He may have gone on record again saying he still takes full responsibility for his actions and their outcomes but that actually means sweet sod all when the actual report we had all been hoping for to bring some sort of accountability to the whole sorry saga does nothing of the sort and doesn't apportion blame to any one person or government department head.

There appears to be a very restrained reaction to this report. While the report is not a revelation or surprise IMO Blair and co seem to be escaping very lightly over it all.
The BBC went to town in an anti Leave frenzy but this is a bit of a "go easy on Tone" slant.
Would the BBC and others in the media give other people such a passive bit of reporting?
Finally I have knowledge that reporter Jeremy Bowen (top bloke at BBC IMO) is quite angry about all the middle east/ handling of it; BUT he doesn't get much air time at present: coincidence or part conspiracy/favours being repaid?:angry:

We're exceedingly lucky,IMO,to have such great legal minds on SZ.:winking:

Thought everyone knew that the legality or not of the Iraq war was outside the remit of Chilcot.

FWIW,I thought Owen Jones nailed it this morning.https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/07/blair-chilcot-war-in-iraq-not-blunder-crime

Yet another Guardian link - gee thanks.
Your ability to alienate yourself on a daily basis is extraordinary. Not funny, entertaining or clever in anyway, just quite sad and rather tedious. Do you have any real friends?

Thought everyone knew that the legality or not of the Iraq war was outside the remit of Chilcot.

Ok you prize plum. Enlighten me. Where in my original post do I mention the legality of it one way or another? I mention the word blame, three times in fact, something that did indeed come under the remit of the Chilcot Enquiry.

Now, instead of looking for cheap swipes from others posts why not give us you're opinion on the enquiry. You're opinion. I assume you have one and not just a rehash of a Guardian quote.

Ok you prize plum. Enlighten me. Where in my original post do I mention the legality of it one way or another? I mention the word blame, three times in fact, something that did indeed come under the remit of the Chilcot Enquiry.

Now, instead of looking for cheap swipes from others posts why not give us you're opinion on the enquiry. You're opinion. I assume you have one and not just a rehash of a Guardian quote.

I think Chilcot shoud have reported several years ago now.:smiles:

Back