• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chilean Mine

We write a lot of mining business in South America and this is precisely why we always exclude employers liability!! I guess it's an accepted occupational hazard, I doubt there's many people who've worked in below ground mines that haven't experienced a collapse of some sort in their career.

With all the changes in mineral taxes in Australia at the moment the mining industry is booming (see BHP Billiton's enormous profits just announced) and it's now quite common for youngsters to spend their first few years of employment down the mines to make a load of cash as the pay is so good.

I'm a bit claustrophobic so you wouldn't get me down one. I felt massively uncomfortable just walking through the little tunnel that runs underneath one of the pyramids in Cairo!

I feel sorry for the prettiest miner.

Pick one:

chileUSE_1703131c.jpg

It is an amazing story and I hope they all survive. I remember the one we had in the seventies where about 19 miners were trapped in Yorkshire (sorry my memory is abit hazy on exactly when and where), it was a terrible story in the end as they didn't survive.

It is amazing and a testament to teh miners skills as well (i bleieve they manged to dig themselves to water and make living quarters. Hopefully as the get closer they can provide a few creature comforts and get them out as soon as .

If they are there for a long time they might become quite famous. I think we should give them some decent nicknames.

miners.jpg

28. Roberto Di Matteo
17. Sid James
15. Luigi
31. Andrew Lloyd Weber
11. Joe Mangel
4. Chopper Harris

Last edited:
Back