• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rigsby

Life President⭐
Some of you may have read about the £800m bid for Liverpool from the Chinese. I know we are now used to our big clubs being owned and run by various James Bond baddie types, but what makes this one different is that it is state sponsored with government money.

After reading an article in yesterdays press, I've come to the conclusion that China want to be the big player now the game has truly gone global. They have drawn up a 50 point plan and are already paying EPL wages in the Chinese Super League. They are moving fast and have already invested in English and other European clubs.

They have come up with a system where private companies buy and run the club but are backed up with state money. It has been described as state driven capitalism. For example an electronics company called Suning have bought a 70% share in Inter Milan another group are buying AC Milan for around £650m.

Other clubs with Chinese investment include Roma and Atletico Madrid. Whilst here in England they have bought WBA, Villa and Wolves and are in talks to buy Hull.

If the buy Liverpool they could make them the richest club in the PL. Which sounds wonderful for the bin dippers but what will be the long term effects on our game.

What if the big names of football become a global brand playing Football around the world. Clubs at our level are worried about B teams coming in to our lower leagues, some of you are convinced this could never happen. If the Chinese buy up at the rate they are, then they will decide our future.

Don't think it could happen? Well in Spain Barcelona and R Madrid take 60% of the TV money, so the rest of the Spanish clubs share just 40%. That way the two Spanish bullies maintain their dominance in their league and what they want they get.

If we have a situation where the Chinese could form a pact and condemn us smaller clubs to any measures they see fit. No promotion, no TV money etc.

What are your thoughts ? .........

PS.....No need to mention PB in this thread

Some of you may have read about the £800m bid for Liverpool from the Chinese. I know we are now used to our big clubs being owned and run by various James Bond baddie types, but what makes this one different is that it is state sponsored with government money.

After reading an article in yesterdays press, I've come to the conclusion that China want to be the big player now the game has truly gone global. They have drawn up a 50 point plan and are already paying EPL wages in the Chinese Super League. They are moving fast and have already invested in English and other European clubs.

They have come up with a system where private companies buy and run the club but are backed up with state money. It has been described as state driven capitalism. For example an electronics company called Suning have bought a 70% share in Inter Milan another group are buying AC Milan for around £650m.

Other clubs with Chinese investment include Roma and Atletico Madrid. Whilst here in England they have bought WBA, Villa and Wolves and are in talks to buy Hull.

If the buy Liverpool they could make them the richest club in the PL. Which sounds wonderful for the bin dippers but what will be the long term effects on our game.

What if the big names of football become a global brand playing Football around the world. Clubs at our level are worried about B teams coming in to our lower leagues, some of you are convinced this could never happen. If the Chinese buy up at the rate they are, then they will decide our future.

Don't think it could happen? Well in Spain Barcelona and R Madrid take 60% of the TV money, so the rest of the Spanish clubs share just 40%. That way the two Spanish bullies maintain their dominance in their league and what they want they get.

If we have a situation where the Chinese could form a pact and condemn us smaller clubs to any measures they see fit. No promotion, no TV money etc.

What are your thoughts ? .........

PS.....No need to mention PB in this thread

You didn't mention that China's Mr Chen has bought Espanyol in your post.

Personally, I'm very happy that he's spent over 10 million Euros on 7 players in the summer (and the spending isn't over yet apparently).

I expect to see Espanyol challenging for a top 6 spot this year rather than languishing in mid-table or fighting off relegation as per usual.

rigsby why do you spend so much time and effort worrying about hypothetical situations which will almost certainly not happen? Most of us have enough actual things in our own lives.

Sounds a bit paranoid to me, the big clubs are already pushing for B teams and special privileges like no relegation and instant Champions League for certain clubs no matter where they finish. I don't see why having Chinese owners would suddenly make those ideas more likely to be pushed through.

smart small donkey?

English Chinese translators on Google are sometimes unreliable,as was the case here. The original was arse but seemingly it doesn't exist in Chinese. but you knew that already.

Sounds a bit paranoid to me, the big clubs are already pushing for B teams and special privileges like no relegation and instant Champions League for certain clubs no matter where they finish. I don't see why having Chinese owners would suddenly make those ideas more likely to be pushed through.

Are they though? The first chance they get to take a strep in that direction, ie the Trophy, and none of them are in the slightest bit interested.

Is this actually what big clubs want, or what the FA want as they think it will improve the National team?

It's Liverpool.

They'll expensively assemble a team, get to within a whisker of glory and whip their fans into a Shankley-fuelled frenzy that spouts all kinds of sycophantic ***** into social media.

Then they'll toss it away at the last hurdle in hilarious circumstances.

I'm all for it.

Back