• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chinnerys

Blueronron

Manager
Any one been here for a show/ concert along sea front

see Blancmange playing there and fancy seeing them but if venue not good....

It's OK. A bit grubby like the inside of The Toothbrush.

I quite fancy seeing Blancmange. Don't Tell Me is one of my favourite 80s tracks.

Seen The Rifles down there a few times, local boys Nothing But Thieves play down there often too. It's ok as a venue, nice and intimate, with very sticky floors!

Was there a couple of weeks ago to see Eddie and the Hot Rods. The floor was, by historic standards, remarkably unsticky (i.e. while it was a bit tacky you could lift your leg with minimal effort). Must have had its annual clean recently!

Don't expect the best acoustics in the world, the band I went to see complained a bit. But it is local, small and fun.

Have seen Peter Hook (New Order bassist) and he light play there, I liked it as a venue. One end of the bar was empty and you got served instantly, could stand within touching distance (literally) of the band, home in less than 30 minutes.

Really doesn't say that, but it's about hearing the songs again

Just had my credit card cloned, lucky enough they stopped any transaction as looked suspect, so have to wait till new card comes ��

Yeah, had a little read up and that what it said. I would have thought paying on the door would be ok. Dodgy site with the card?

Saw Ash there on Monday. As others have said nice and intimate.

If It's very busy, which it can be, head over to the far left when there is generally more space. Only problem then though is getting to the toilets on the other side..

It used to be called The Ivy House.

A lovely family pub with a welcoming atmosphere.

Never been to Chinnery's I'm a bit ashamed to admit. Does it look like it could have been a boxing hall. If so it was built by Oliver Trigg when he owned the Ivy House. Was there no end to this man's talents.

Never been to Chinnery's I'm a bit ashamed to admit. Does it look like it could have been a boxing hall. If so it was built by Oliver Trigg when he owned the Ivy House. Was there no end to this man's talents.

It's well laid out for a fight with little in the way of furniture that could be used as weapons.

Chinnerys is a great little local venue, Spent most of my teens frequenting Chinnerys watching various bands play on various week nights. I love the place.

Back